Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

P Pump Kits From The Big Boys

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P Pump Kits From The Big Boys

OK so Sheids and Haisley have kits to install a p pump inplace of a vp, my question is what do they come with or what do I need to supply? If I have a p7100 and a shut off sol. am I good or what? and for the lift pump issue....I have heard they supply a cam and pump....anyone know for sure? I would love to call them on my own but as a working pacific time guy it just ain't working out.
If there are folks who have bought their kits has the fit/finish of their goodies?

I figure by selling my vp, drag comp, tuner, apps and lift pumps I could put a nice dent in the $2500 it is gonna cost me..... and never needing a tow truck while towing a trailer again.......well, priceless

thanks all,
Greg
Old 07-18-2006, 07:55 AM

One thing to keep in mind that I've heard on p-pump convetered 24 valves is that they aren't very streetable. I'd love to hear stories that counter this but that is what I understand. Just something to think about depending on what your purpose and use will be with the truck.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:36 AM

Mine is very streetable, I drive it everyday. J.R. Adkins done the conversion and I'm very happy with it. People that say there not streetable obviously have done something wrong. It's not that hard to do the conversion. It's nice to be able to get in there and make adjustments to your pump. Anyone that would like to ride in one, just come over my way.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 1BadRam
Mine is very streetable, I drive it everyday. J.R. Adkins done the conversion and I'm very happy with it. People that say there not streetable obviously have done something wrong. It's not that hard to do the conversion. It's nice to be able to get in there and make adjustments to your pump. Anyone that would like to ride in one, just come over my way.
Very Cool! Glad to hear it can be done and be streetable. How bad do you smoke? I'd think with twice the valves, it might not be that bad. I've got a friend who is very knowledgeable who had said they are not very streetable. Now he is way into high performance so maybe he is speaking mostly of competition trucks. When you go there, not many are too terribly streetable.

Maybe some others will chime in with street driven p-pumped 24 valves. Thanks for the report.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:29 AM

The conversions are streetable. You will normally run a bit smaller injectors for the same power level. No box, so you can't drive on number 1 and hit number 99 when you want more power. mine was converted about 3 years ago. The only real problem i have had is getting a good steady idle in hot weather.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:42 AM

if u have twin turbo's its the god of upgrades for them.. it makes the twin turbos all that much more tunable for the street.... u have the option of running a lot of power or gobs of power that you never will even use
Old 07-18-2006, 11:43 AM

but none the less im trying to get more info on these kits aswell.. im in the market of doing the conversion.. ive pretty much mastered the auto tranny in our trucks now i want to master the fuel system.. and i think ill be happy but my rear end might now...
Old 07-18-2006, 12:11 PM

I am thinking of doing this conversion as well and would like more info from some one who has done the conversion as to any problems with it., and what parts are needed.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:23 PM

i want to convert it so i can run veggie oil in the truck like i do my mercedes.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do a search, there is a lot of info on this conversion around here.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:09 PM

just hoping to hear from sombody that has been there and done that, not so much the home jobby set up but the kits with all the parts pre gatthered, if I need to scrounge up this and that, well I might as well not buy a kit, but if it is a just add pump kit....well I can be down for that long.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:17 PM

This is interesting,,, one question I have is,, What happens to the computer in the truck when you put in the P pump? Being it wont be looking after the new P pump or the timing and such. Do you have to swap out the computers as well?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:37 PM

from my understanding my foot becomes the computer, the cruise control can be adapted to work.....I believe, and the computer that came with the truck stays......it just does a lot less work
Old 07-18-2006, 10:55 PM

The p-pump is very streetable, the cruise can work, you attach the comp. to the firewall so it will still be there to run your gauges and alt., I have done 2 of the conversions... one of my own and then one of my buddies (smokingoat01) on the TDR.

if any body has any questions on the conversion just shoot me a pm or call me at 325-998-0267

Jake
Old 07-19-2006, 07:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cummnz4x4pwr
The p-pump is very streetable, the cruise can work, you attach the comp. to the firewall so it will still be there to run your gauges and alt., I have done 2 of the conversions... one of my own and then one of my buddies (smokingoat01) on the TDR.

if any body has any questions on the conversion just shoot me a pm or call me at 325-998-0267

Jake
Did you buy a kit or a diy kind of thing?

Quick Reply: P Pump Kits From The Big Boys