Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

An other Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An other Bumper

I dont want to hijack anyones thread. I am looking for a heavy duty bumper ive nearlly taged about 4 deer in the last month and i just cant afford to actually hit one. So im in the market for a bumper.

http://www.eaglecarriage.com/bumpers.htm
http://www.eaglecarriage.com/pricelist.htm

These guys are local to me so i would not have to do the shipping. What do you think. I like the fact that it looks like it doesnt stick out real far so that i dont have to worry about a longer nose in tight places. Id probably do a little dimond plating on the sides to jazz it up a little.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:03 AM

Holy crap thats cheap!! I live in Bend and most guys here have ProLine make there's but they charge upwards of $1300 for a simple design... I would go for it for sure!!! You guys getting any snow this week? We just got hit tonight (11-26-07) with some snow and more is comming... time to get sideways in some empty parking lots to get the feel of the new truck on the snow!!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah we got hit back home a week ago. Right now i am in Spokane WA at school we got snow last night. You got to excuse me but i grew up in the stuff and really dont find it all that much fun. Especially when i gotta go fix the girlfriends burbs 4 wheel drive this afernoon in the stuff.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by robins
I dont want to hijack anyones thread. I am looking for a heavy duty bumper ive nearlly taged about 4 deer in the last month and i just cant afford to actually hit one. So im in the market for a bumper.

http://www.eaglecarriage.com/bumpers.htm
http://www.eaglecarriage.com/pricelist.htm

These guys are local to me so i would not have to do the shipping. What do you think. I like the fact that it looks like it doesnt stick out real far so that i dont have to worry about a longer nose in tight places. Id probably do a little dimond plating on the sides to jazz it up a little.
nice bumper at a good price...why not go for it! If it were mine I'd probably have it linexed for protection...
Old 11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Chapter President

Looks good. X2 on the linex and get some fog lights linstalled in it.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 PM

Im placing the order right now. The guy is doing a production run on them next week so it should be done in by the secound week of December.

Ive got fog lights so im gonna have the cut outs done. I am also going to have a little dimand plating put on to jazz it up a little.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:41 PM

I'm thinking about linexing the running pannals, my head ach rake, and bumper but im hopping to see another rig like mine set up like that before i do it.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:47 PM

That is a sharp looking bumper, I see that you were already placing you order but I was gonna tell ya to look at some ranchhand bumpers, I have one on my truck and love it. I've seen them new on ebay with free shipping for around $900
Old 11-27-2007, 06:59 PM

I havnt ordered now issue with phone. Ive seen the ranch hands they stick out further in the front then i want to deal with or atleast what i have seen in pictures.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:38 PM

They look like they stick out a lot farther in pictures than they actually do. I love mine, they are built very well, I am currently taking a welding class and am not a weld inspection expert but I know what a good one looks like and these are good. I looked at another truck before I bought mine that had a different brand of bumper on it (cant remember now what it was) and it looked poorly built, the ranchhand is twice the bumper that one was. They are also built extremely heavy, I dont know the exact weight of them but its up there. I havent hit any deer or anything else with it yet but with the roads I drive I'm sure it will happen sometime and I know my truck will be fine. They also have a nice little area between the front of the bumper and the grille on the truck that makes a great step when your working under the hood. It would be best if you could find one that you could look at closely to see if you like them or not. Just because I like them doesnt mean you will, everbodys opinions are different. I'm sure the bumpers your looking at are great too but I just wanted to tell you not to look over the ranchhands. hope you find one you like, good luck
Old 11-28-2007, 02:47 PM

Thanks strokerace, i am always open for suggestions. Im pretty sure i am going with these guys because there local and i like the bumper.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:01 PM

Alright i am looking at it and if i order i think i am going to have the dimond plate sides to liven it up a little like the 94-02 pic on left and the ford pics additionally i thinking i will have something cut out of the dimond plate like those two pics any suggestions or patterns. Thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by robins
Yeah we got hit back home a week ago. Right now i am in Spokane WA at school we got snow last night. You got to excuse me but i grew up in the stuff and really dont find it all that much fun. Especially when i gotta go fix the girlfriends burbs 4 wheel drive this afernoon in the stuff.
I grew up in NW Montana so you don't need to tell me about snow. trust me, its juts fun getting a new truck and getting used to how it slides if I loose control then I know how to gain it back. Very simple and has kept all of my rigs wreck free.