Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Ordered ATS High Arc Flow, Dissapointed

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered ATS High Arc Flow, Dissapointed

Well i ordered an Ats High Arc Flow intak manifold, It looks sweet, all black powder coated and the ATS and their symbol are polished, but i was dissapointed when i opened the box. The box that it came in had already been opened, the directions had a big slit cut down through the middle of them, both pages along with the little package that had the bolts, washers ects. I am missing one of the two smaller bolts that replace the stock ones to hold the intake horn on. Guess i wont be installing this weekend like i had hoped to. I know i wont really gain any performance with this thing, but i bought it for the looks anyways, like to see it when i open the hood for friends or who ever. Anyone else had expeirences with ATS similar to this?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make sure you have the 4 little rubber seal washers that go under the hard washers to seal the holes which go thru the open chamber of the manifold, or you might get some boost leakage there. Give ATS a call and they should send you the missing pieces, maybe whine alittle and they may send it UPS Red or next day. My kit had everything but my manifold didn't have the letters polished, so I did that myself with my gasket buffer. Another thing I noticed was the gasket suface wasn't machined and had the black powder coat over it. I didn't feel comfortable with that as the sealing suface so I sufaced the gasket surface on a piece of glass doing figure 8's on some wet/dry sand paper wetted with some solvent until I had a smooth/flat suface. Maybe my manifold was packaged unfinished, I don't know but it was minor and I fixed the things I didn't like about it. I've got a friend with the Banks elbow and I feel mine looks way better. Like I said before I sure like how it looks when I pop the hood. The stock air horn looked kind of drab in my opinion.
Regards, Mike.