Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions please

Well i finally got gauges(commander) so im ready for some power. this my choices Mach2.5 s , tstpm3 comp , smarty. I really want the injectors first but i want some thing to help with the mpg as im gettin 16mpg with superchips on performance only. Im kinda scared ill grow out of the injectors to soon. then ill have to fork out double for new ones 6 or 7. i know this will be later on after twins and tranny . i also know i wont be able to use the tst to its fullest with out a tranny. i dont want to tear up my tranny as it was rebuilt 20k. i might have enough for the smarty and injectors. your help is appericated. help im ready to buy thanks dieselfan
Old 08-14-2006, 05:25 PM

All of the above!!!

Start with the Smarty. If you can afford it get the Smarty and injectors. I am not sure what you mean by rebuilt tranny in your sig; if it was rebuilt to stock youre not going to want to hammer down with the full potential from the Smarty itself, let alone stacked with injectors or a TST. If you get the Smarty, make sure to just role into the fuel and it will be OK for a little while.
I just got my Smart last week and the difference in the low end is Edit amazing, though I can already tell the tranny is not cool with it.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by CSAGrey1
All of the above!!!

Start with the Smarty. If you can afford it get the Smarty and injectors. I am not sure what you mean by rebuilt tranny in your sig; if it was rebuilt to stock youre not going to want to hammer down with the full potential from the Smarty itself, let alone stacked with injectors or a TST. If you get the Smarty, make sure to just role into the fuel and it will be OK for a little while.
I just got my Smart last week and the difference in the low end is Edit amazing, though I can already tell the tranny is not cool with it.
rebuilt by some shop proably stock or a little better as it shifts good dosent hunt for gears. not the dodge dealership. I do want it all but dont want to tear up tranny as its still new i plan on upgrading with VB, DD pan, AMSOIL after i get a little power thanks again dieselfan
Old 08-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Registered

get the smarty first, then do your trans, then injectors, then the pm3 comp. and of course, a new turbo!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel02
get the smarty first, then do your trans, then injectors, then the pm3 comp. and of course, a new turbo!
i kinda want the injectors now b/c there for sale in the classifieds. i dont see the mach 2.5s very often . i guess i should be asking will the 2.5s be enough or save up for mach 6 or 7s. and spend the money elsewhere. im just trying to do it right the first time. thanks again dieselfan
Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 PM

I think you'd be too hot with 120 injectors and that little hy turbo. While that is a good deal for someone on those 2.5's I'd say just do smarty/tst then the tranny then injectors/turbo. Start with the smarty and who knows, you might forget about those other bombs

Seriously though- 6's or 7's?? You'r going to need a strong tranny to hold that kind of power. And a *lot* of air too.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Registered

mach 6's or 7's?? thats like for a 600 to 700 hp twin turbod truck!

Trending Topics

Old 08-14-2006, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
I think you'd be too hot with 120 injectors and that little hy turbo. While that is a good deal for someone on those 2.5's I'd say just do smarty/tst then the tranny then injectors/turbo. Start with the smarty and who knows, you might forget about those other bombs

Seriously though- 6's or 7's?? You'r going to need a strong tranny to hold that kind of power. And a *lot* of air too.
mach 6 or 7s is way down the road for me.this i know i just dont want to buy injectors twice like everyone else. i just figured the injectors would give me better mpg .i baby my truck most of the time so i think the injectors would be ok but i dont know. i want a 600 or 700hp truck eventually! that is what im trying to build just like rjohnson. thanks dieselfan
Old 08-15-2006, 12:14 AM

I'd think the 2.5's would support 500 considering Charlie8301's at 472 with the 1.5's + tst + catcher (old school smarty),....

but I still doubt the hy's ability to cool 120 hp injectors, but can't speak from experience with that combo
Old 08-15-2006, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
I'd think the 2.5's would support 500 considering Charlie8301's at 472 with the 1.5's + tst + catcher (old school smarty),....

but I still doubt the hy's ability to cool 120 hp injectors, but can't speak from experience with that combo
thats more like what i wanted to hear. like i said i baby my truck most of the time with diesel topping out at 3.00gal. i want the injectors for better mpg,is this stuipid to think? i guess i should get some cheap rv275 for mileage then?to go along with the smarty . once again thanks for the advice Ph4tty. dieselfan
Old 08-15-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best mileage would be Smarty and 275's. Especially with stock turbo!
Mach 2.5's are great, but an older design technology... not the mileage, smoke control, or lower EGT's of todays 1.6's, for example.

You sound like your headed for Mach 6's some day. If so, I would save the money... for later!

RJ
Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 PM

They say that a 7 will haze at idle even in cool weather.Good fuel mileage is out of the question
Old 08-15-2006, 07:19 PM

well i call Rip Rook today and he rained on my parade. he said i could barely handle 1.6 s with my small hy. So i changed my mind and now im thinking RV275 s or some jammer stage 1 with the smarty. and yes rjohnson im headed for just about the same setup as you except with a gb tranny and mach 6 s. you look like you have a excellent setup, not much room for improvement. could i get as good of mileage with the jammer stage 1 60hp verus rv275s both same price. again thanks to everyone for the input. thanks dieselfan
Old 08-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered

rjohnson has got his almost got his twins pushed to the limit. the bd's would be a PERFECT towing setup with about 450 hp, and never glance at the pyro. Im going for a set of phat shaft 62/b2s400 twins. i will have a 700 hp monster play truck and i can turn the tst down and tow with about 525 hp and have TONS of top end. they push up to 80 psi of course, thats another six grand down the road....
Old 08-15-2006, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel02
rjohnson has got his almost got his twins pushed to the limit. the bd's would be a PERFECT towing setup with about 450 hp, and never glance at the pyro. Im going for a set of phat shaft 62/b2s400 twins. i will have a 700 hp monster play truck and i can turn the tst down and tow with about 525 hp and have TONS of top end. they push up to 80 psi of course, thats another six grand down the road....
that sounds alittle more practial for me as i need a turbo and rip was trying to me to get either one of those so i could make a set of twins later on. which one would you rec. thanks again dieselfan

Quick Reply: Opinions please