Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

opinions on a couple cosmetic upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opinions on a couple cosmetic upgrades???

well since the accident with Bambi the other night I'm thinking of doing some minor mods to the 01', gotta replace the headlights & signals, so I'm thinking of ordering a set of clear headlights/corner lenses like these.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...spagenameZWDVW
then to go along with the new clear lenses up front I'll prolly add a set of clear cablights, & since I have all clear LED's in the bed I'm thinking of ordering a set of clear taillights like this.......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...55200546QQrdZ1
then I may go with a cowl hood????? not real sure bout the hood yet, but will probably definatly go ahead & order the clear lights front, top, & back, then I was also considering getting a black grill to go behind the ranchhand front end replacement, doing away with the stock chrome bumper, so thought about putting a black grill behind the ranchhand???? would the black look good, or do ya think the stock chrome grill would look better??? if I do the black grill the only chrome on the truck will be the back bumper & simulators, & I'm in the process of building a replacement back bumper similar to a ranchhand, & will most likely pull all the stock emblems & put 3rd gen emblems painted black back in their place????? so when I'm done other than the simulators on the wheels, the rest of the truck will be all black & white, I'm also gonna get the body side molding for a 99' dually bed to put on the bed, since the 01' doesn't have any, well I know that was alot to take in but what do you guys think of the ideas??????? Dusty
Old 12-10-2006, 06:32 PM
RJF

I have the clear corners like you are after along with the same aftermarket lenses. Here are some sub par pics of mine to help you visualize for your truck. The clear corners look nice and the matching clear cab lights would look great.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:11 PM

what about these headlights?
http://www.k2motor.com/ram1.html

Randy
Old 12-10-2006, 10:51 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
The headlights look pretty cool, but if it was me, I'd go for the OEM style Sport headlamps with the dual bulbs, purely for the improved function of them.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:39 PM

Those have dual bulbs too. Ones just a projector is the only difference.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Banned

I have those exact headlights from ebay, they are REALLY good quality. I have pictures in my gallery. I think they really set the truck off, my only complaint is they took like 3 weeks to get here! But even at that it was worth it to me
Old 12-11-2006, 01:01 AM

I was going to do all that when I first got my truck but now I'm leaning towards staying stock with the headlights and buying a HID kit. Price has gone down a lot in the last few years and now you can pick one up off ebay for a good price with a good warranty. Not sure if the kits are DOT though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...QQcmdZViewItem

I think my truck has the worst headlights of any vehicle I've ever had. I can't wait to get something that lights up the road better.

I'm not a fan of HALO style lights on anything that didn't come stock with them. The rice crowd around here runs them.
I have no personal experience w/ projector style headlights but have heard mixed reviews about them. Something about being dim W/O a HID system.