Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

which one

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which one

my 01 is down 1689 code bye bye vp44 well i have been doing alot of reading and i am kinda up in the air as to what i should do . a vp from anyone 1046 on average some are 1600 supposed to have a upgraded computer. and bluchip offers a special x pump ti gain 2-3 mpg for 1900.

ideas and comments would be great thanks
Old 07-10-2008, 09:09 PM

Contact Skidman, he knows the ropes on the vp pumps. Heck of a nice guy.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:27 AM

thanks, thought i would get a bunch of input guess that was too much to ask. i even emailed a memeber here with no response. as we grow as a site i think we are coming apart a little. jmo
Old 07-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Floorman
thanks, thought i would get a bunch of input guess that was too much to ask. i even emailed a memeber here with no response. as we grow as a site i think we are coming apart a little. jmo
What more can be said about vp44's that hasn't already been talked about numerous times?
Old 07-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
------------------------------------------------------------------
Floorman:

You posted this thread yesterday and you think "we are coming apart a little"
because there are not a bunch of responses here?? WOW!

As Mike D. pointed out, the issue with the VP-44's has been a MUCH discussed issue here on DTR. If you will go the SEARCH FUNCTION (just below the white box with your User Name, Last Visited Info and your Private Messages) and TYPE In VP-44 you will get a BUNCH of threads on it. As far as the "other Member you e-mailed", I would try to re-send the message or better yet call Phil McMaster (McMopar) as I believe he is the one that has been working on your truck right?

--------
John_P
Old 07-12-2008, 09:00 PM

well mike i guess i didnt pay much attention do to the fact i had not needed one. and phil actually did not know alot about them either he called inustrial injection and asked them some questions for me. i was really just looking for people that were running different style pumps to chime in is all. was contemplating running something other than stock.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm running a stock SO pump and the wire has been tapped from day one. I have around 70,000 miles on the pump. I don't recommend hotrod pumps or bluechip pumps.

Any pump you buy today through a certified Bosch pump house will have all the current update including the "upgraded" computer. If you call Bosch like I did they will tell you the same thing.

When you order a pump make sure you get a pump built here in the USA, not one from Czechoslovakia. Some pump shops will sell the CZ pumps if they are behind on building vp44's.

There is a good pump shop in Greensboro called Diesel Equipment. Steve Cates is the man to call.

That's my view on the vp44.

Good luck.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:53 AM

now thats exactly what i was looking for thank you mike or should i call you Mr President LOL

no really thanks , Michael
Old 07-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Administrator

now thats exactly what i was looking for thank you mike or should i call you Mr President LOL

no really thanks , Michael
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Floorman:

Well since you have completely ignored the advice that I tried to give you in my post above let me say this; if you had just done that "Search" I recommended to you, all that information that Mike D. just gave you would have been there. I know that takes a few minutes, but it is all there Floorman. FWIW, and to add to what Mike D. said, just having a stock VP-44 does NOT guarantee you won't have another failure! On my 2002 Dodge CTD 24 valve, ALL three (3) of the pumps were stock pumps with a very adequate fuel system to supply those pumps and they still failed. In 94,000 miles, the truck "ate" three (3) VP-44's. Now granted, as Mike D. pointed out, Bosch has made some "updates" to the computer/electronics on the pumps etc., but don't think that there are still not failures on them as there are.

---------
John_P
Old 07-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Administrator

I just did that SEARCH I recommended to you Floorman and for your information there are ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-THREE (163) PAGES OF Threads on the VP-44 Pumps and related technical information including everything Mike D. gave you in his post.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:19 PM

John i didnt totally ignore you i did do some reading. i was mainly looking for some imput on guys runny the blue chip special x pump and the hot rod pumps . i aslo did some talking to phil as you suggested. and i ordered a pump through phil from industrial injection. so thanks for your advice. i didnt mean to get anyone upset with me over this

thanks again , Michael
Old 07-15-2008, 10:51 PM

I can't believe that an administrator would jump on someone that asks a question. I fully understand the search feature but who wants to waste the time reading through 163 pages worth of threads that have vp-44 in them? In my eyes almost all of the stuff on the 2nd gen forums has already been talked about and could be found if the search was used. I suppose the standard answer to all threads should be use the "search" feature?? How many times are people going to ask about what injectors to use, Edge Juice, FASS, Quad Adrenaline, stacks, 4 or 5" exhaust, SPS 62's, Super B's, DSS, leveling kits, BHAF, clutches, transmissions and so on. People still continue to ask about everything I just listed and rarely does someone say use the search. I've always found this forum to be rather friendly and if a member doesn't use the search usually someone else will and post the link. If some of this stuff is getting so second nature to some why don't the admin's update the Tech or Faq section? Sorry to rant, Eric
Old 07-15-2008, 10:58 PM

Floorman, glad to herar you picked one. What pump did you go with? Just an II SO pump? I have had a HRVP and now back to an SO VP. I wouldnt recommend one more than the other. With my HRVP my botom end was KILLER, but the box didnt help much off to all out was like 30 hp max. The stock is a turd on my truck if the wire tap isnt on but that's just how it is. I like both and do miss my hot rod pump at times but the SO is nice too.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by ellerman
I can't believe that an administrator would jump on someone that asks a question. I fully understand the search feature but who wants to waste the time reading through 163 pages worth of threads that have vp-44 in them? In my eyes almost all of the stuff on the 2nd gen forums has already been talked about and could be found if the search was used. I suppose the standard answer to all threads should be use the "search" feature?? How many times are people going to ask about what injectors to use, Edge Juice, FASS, Quad Adrenaline, stacks, 4 or 5" exhaust, SPS 62's, Super B's, DSS, leveling kits, BHAF, clutches, transmissions and so on. People still continue to ask about everything I just listed and rarely does someone say use the search. I've always found this forum to be rather friendly and if a member doesn't use the search usually someone else will and post the link. If some of this stuff is getting so second nature to some why don't the admin's update the Tech or Faq section? Sorry to rant, Eric

i dont think john jumped on him. he just told him to use the search feature if he wanted more opinions. john p is super nice guy that is willing to help us when he can.

people do get tried of answering the same ?s over and over again. i know cause i sometimes ask them and dont get an answer
Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 PM

i used an industrial injection so pump it will go on next week. im in the middle of converting the 01 dually to single axle 3.54s. and thanks ellerman i agree with you you would think guys would be dying to tell you what they are running and how hot there truck is or how it sucks. John is a nice guy i know him he has helped out numerous people done things others would not . he will do whatever he can to help someone.

Quick Reply: which one