Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Is it an old wise tale?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by blackimpala
Years ago I read about a mixture called Drew's Brew, a ratio of Mystery Oil and Power Service. Seems to work for me, but I am not clamming huge MPG or power increases.

Floyd
For the life of me, I can't figure out why this concoction ever caught on aside from having slick name.

PS is nothing special, and it's mostly diesel fuel! Look at it's performance in the unbiased lab testing cited earlier.

Marvel is good for unfreezing a junkyard engine that's siezed with rust. I certainly would never use it in anything that's already functioning.

The "drew's" brew is probably not hurting anything, other than it reduces the lubricity in the fuel because the Marvel is pretty "dry"-- (again, refer to lab test results linked above".

Then again, this concoction isn't really helping accomplish anything other than empty your wallet.

A good B2 bio blend is all you'll ever need for lubricity (see lab results), and maybe a little anti-gel for the winter.

I've tried all the major additives on the market, and the need for "cleaning" is both greatly rare and rarely great.

I have had good results with less widely available additives. The Redline diesel fuel catalyst is pretty good at cutting smoke.

JH