Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

OK who is going to test this new gizmo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:OK who is going to test this new gizmo?

I hereby certify that the below are not plaudersmilies.de.<br><br> ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br>You guys got too much time on your hands. Leave Scotty alone. I want him to get Bob's and my ROD PODS done. Hint, Hint. I know you all are jealous because you already got your gauges and we get the newest of the new pods (if you'd leave him alone so he could get it done.) Slipping back to my corner. <br><br>~Dave<br><br>
Old 10-22-2002, 08:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=NWDave link=board=7;threadid=6006;start=30#56165 date=1035333652]<br>I hereby certify that the below are not plaudersmilies.de.<br><br> ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br>You guys got too much time on your hands. Leave Scotty alone. I want him to get Bob's and my ROD PODS done. Hint, Hint. I know you all are jealous because you already got your gauges and we get the newest of the new pods (if you'd leave him alone so he could get it done.) Slipping back to my corner. <br><br>~Dave<br><br><br>[/quote] Tapes Dave's gauges to the dash with Duct tape and let's him keep half the cost of that new pod ;D
Old 10-23-2002, 07:12 PM

I am going to put compressed air tanks under the back of my truck with the valves to the rear, hook them up to my 12V compressor, put electric solenoids on the tanks to release the pressure when I hit a button. Instant JET propulsion. I figure it'll be worth a second or so in the quarter mile.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:42 PM

[quote author=Jetson link=board=7;threadid=6006;start=30#56627 date=1035418365]<br>I am going to put compressed air tanks under the back of my truck with the valves to the rear, hook them up to my 12V compressor, put electric solenoids on the tanks to release the pressure when I hit a button. Instant JET propulsion. I figure it'll be worth a second or so in the quarter mile.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Only a second in the quarter mile? I hear the new Aero Turbine is capable of a 2 second inprovement in the quarter mile ;D! It also makes the smoke coming out of your tailpipe look like a Category 4 Tornado !
Old 11-01-2002, 06:41 PM

Ohhhhhhhh Nooooooooooo!!!!!! We have beaten this thing into the ground and there is a small possibility that it works??? Go here to see the latest news:<br> http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...threadid=59061
Old 11-02-2002, 11:37 PM

Saw something similar on TV today, only for the intake side. Called a Tornado or something.<br><br>CR
Old 11-02-2002, 11:55 PM

Gear Poet- Don't forget the adjustments to the flux capacitor. If you don't get those right the event horizon of the neutron flux vortex generator will expand to the point of sucking in your GN ball,....oh wait, it's just a B&amp;W turnover. hehe you guys crack me up. What is it? only $19.95 + $350 s&amp;h?
Old 11-03-2002, 07:53 AM

if Rod got it and used it as a Sheep Caller and made a mistake and sucked in instead of blowing out he would cause sever brain dammage do to the air speed increase on the intake stroke..heck it might even launch his brain into oblivion...and give new meaning to the term &quot;Air Head&quot;
Old 11-17-2004, 12:07 PM

was thinking about getting a aero turbine,,,after reading all this,,I"m gonna get a 51 inch nelson,,at least i heared good things about it,,haven"t hear anything good about the aero turbine except some people like the sound and it lowers egt"s abit
Old 11-17-2004, 01:58 PM

My friend who drives a '02 Quad Cab with the HO engine and a 6-speed installed one about a month ago. He has a pretty much stock system. It cost an arm and a leg to install the Aero Turbine, plus he got a 4 inch exhaust with it too. He said he couldn't notice a difference with anything, and we both agree it sounds pretty s****y compared to my straight exhaust. Not worth the money if you ask me.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Banned

Talk about an old thread. 4" straight pipe is still better IMO.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hold on here, fellas.

The ironic thing is that everyone's bashing this product based on the premise that 1) they assume it's junk, 2) therefore, you "won't fool me".

But where's the discussion over whether or not it works? Or even, how it could?

Regardless of the advertiser's writing ability, what about the principles of operation??

See, I have a soft spot for this product because I dreamed up the exact same thing as a teenager when I learned how airplane wings work. Due to having no means to design or market such a product, I stayed a broke teenager.

So let's discuss the design.....

We see insde this can and it's basically an airplane wing rolled into a donut. OK, what does this mean?

An airplane wing works because of differential pressure. Namely, there's more pressure UNDER the wing than OVER it, so the pressure PUSHES the wing up-- this is "lift".

How is this pressure difference generated? Where does it come from?

Bernoulli discovered that the faster air moves, the lower pressure it has. So, if we design a shape that forces air to flow quickly on one side and slower on the other, then there will be a force acting towards the fast side. This is an airplane wing in a nutshell. For our discussion, Reynolds numbers and aspect ratios are irrelevant.

The penalty for this lift is DRAG. In other words, there is more resistance to airflow as velocity increases. THe more LIFT the wing generates, the more drag as well. The lift is proportional to pressure difference. The greater the difference of pressure between upper and lower flowstreams, then the more lift (and the more drag due to lift) that there is. There is no lift without drag.

How does this apply when we aren't trying to generate lift over the surface, and it's stationary?

(more to come)
Old 11-18-2004, 05:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hold on here, fellas.

The ironic thing is that everyone's bashing this product based on the premise that 1) they assume it's junk, 2) therefore, you "won't fool me".

But where's the discussion over whether or not it works? Or even, how it could?

Regardless of the advertiser's writing ability, what about the principles of operation??

See, I have a soft spot for this product because I dreamed up the exact same thing as a teenager when I learned how airplane wings work. Due to having no means to design or market such a product, I stayed a broke teenager.

So let's discuss the design.....

We see insde this can and it's basically an airplane wing rolled into a donut. OK, what does this mean?

An airplane wing works because of differential pressure. Namely, there's more pressure UNDER the wing than OVER it, so the pressure PUSHES the wing up-- this is "lift".

How is this pressure difference generated? Where does it come from?

Bernoulli discovered that the faster air moves, the lower pressure it has. So, if we design a shape that forces air to flow quickly on one side and slower on the other, then there will be a force acting towards the fast side. This is an airplane wing in a nutshell. For our discussion, Reynolds numbers and aspect ratios are irrelevant.

The penalty for this lift is DRAG. In other words, there is more resistance to airflow as velocity increases. THe more LIFT the wing generates, the more drag as well. The lift is proportional to pressure difference. The greater the difference of pressure between upper and lower flowstreams, then the more lift (and the more drag due to lift) that there is. There is no lift without drag.

How does this apply when we aren't trying to generate lift over the surface, and it's stationary?

(more to come)
Old 11-18-2004, 05:34 PM
GSP

Welp ... I thinks my Calvinator valve exhaust with titanium muffler bearings that flows exhaust into 12 duck calls sounds way better

Quick Reply: OK who is going to test this new gizmo?