Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Ok, so I bought a Powerstroke.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gotlift01
I wish I could find a 7.3 Excursion..........WITHOUT tan interior!! I'd love to have one, but every single one I've found, they all have tan interior I really liked the 7.3 in my old truck, it was a very good motor to me.

~Nick
my truck has tan interior it is very hard to keep clean. I didnt realize this when I bought it. it shows every speck of dirt on it.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

I despise tan interior...I just hate the way it looks! My two old powerstrokes both had black and gray interior w/ carbon fiber accents instead of the wood....looked SWEET! One had black leather, and the other had black/ gray cloth. Very nice looking interior

I found a 2002 Excursion a few months ago that was really nice looking, 30,000 miles, all the toys and the price was really low and hard to turn down......opened the door and had tan interior. I told the salesman I just lost all interest.

~Nick
Old 05-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Banned

KP, I hear you on the choosen one status. Jody (DPTunner) really does make good stuff, but honestly for the small power increase you are looking for just about anybody's tunes will probably make you happy. Like I said you can't really go wrong with a chip for a 7.3 because you can always have it reburned later with different tunes if you decide you don't like the ones you have.

The EVO is a really nice tuner, and the extras and price are hard to beat.

Another thing to consider if you can have the truck down for a few days, is to just send out the ECM and have the factory chip reburned. I know DPTuner offers this service, and I am sure others do too. Obviously you only get one tune doing this (not switchable like aftermarket chips, the factory chip can only hold one tune), but it is an option for some like you who only wants a small increase in HP.

The 7.3 Powerstroke is very sensitive to tuning, get it right and the truck will run superb, if it is just a bit off it will not run right. The tune files that these guys put onto chips for these trucks are constantly being refined, the stuff available now is 10,000 times better then what was considered top of the line just 3 years ago. The 7.3, though it has been discontinued for years, is still very much in it's early toddler years in terms of aftermarket performance when compared to the 5.9 CTD. The early tuners had some big hurdles to overcome, but have made huge improvements in the last 5 years.

Man all this Powerstroke talk has me missing my 99 F250, if that truck was an extended cab I might still have it.