Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ok this makes no sense....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok this makes no sense....

I advanced the timing to 16.5 the other day and that helped me control my egts pretty good. So I wanted to toy around some more so I moved the plate forward. It was about 3/4 of the way back before and I moved it about 3/4 forward. So I took it for a quick test drive and I noticed that my boost is lower and so are my egts. Truck seems to still pull real hard. This just doesnt make sense. What did I break now
Old 01-18-2005, 06:23 AM

Your gov. arm may be hitting on a different spot on the plate now that youve moved it forward. I would check to make sure its adjusted properly on the nose of the plate.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Lever adjustment directions here http://www.piersdiesel.com/TechLeverAdj.htm

Also make sure your AFC housing went back on full forward.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:16 AM

hmmmm, I never adjusted the arm and afc back to stock when I moved the plate back. I didnt even remember to do it. Could this have anything to do with high numbers?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by Jambbii
hmmmm, I never adjusted the arm and afc back to stock when I moved the plate back. I didnt even remember to do it. Could this have anything to do with high numbers?
Did you move your plate to the front of the truck or towards the rear? Your first post said you were having lower #'s than before you moved the plate? Or are they higher #'s as stated in your 2nd post?

Moving the AFC housing pretty much just effectls spool-up and pre-boost smoke control. Not realy EGTs. Full foward gives you good spool-up with smoke. You can fine tune the balance of spool-up/smoke with the star-wheel in the AFC housing.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:37 PM

DZL, I moved it the right way, towards the front of the truck. I had higher numbers before I moved the plate. I put injectors in the truck (when the plate was forward) and it got too hot so I moved it back. I just put a new turbo housing on the truck a while ago and I just bumped the timing so the egts went down, so yesterday I moved the plate forward some and my boost numbers went down as well as my egts.
So I was thinking before , (when the plate was back) I had the arm on the pump was adjusted for the plate forward (I never adjusted them back to stock) so this would make the arm probably start a little way up the plate an fuel really hard at the beggining giving me high numbers.Now the plate is back to almost full forward and the arm is adjusted for this setting, therefore making the arm move the full length of the plate instead of just part of it like before. How does this sound guys or am I just going crazy
Old 01-18-2005, 07:52 PM

It could be possible. Especialy with your #100. Set back like that with the lever high, could be fueling full blast at all rpms. Now that its back on the nose, at least lower rpms arent as hot. But the higher rpms should be the same, as your profile is just flat except for the nose right?. I dunno, its hard to say.

When i got my truck, the fool who installed the plate didnt adjst the gov. arm. The power was just kind of blah when the turbo spooled. So, i went in and checked the arm., it went straight under the plate! Totaly missing it!. After i adjusted it the power was MUCH better.