Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

ok got this code...caused by comp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok got this code...caused by comp?

P0253- Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "A" Low (Cam/Rotor/Injector)

this isnt the death code...but does anyone know whats going on?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Banned

Anything with fuel and an ECM code usually isn't good. Take the comp off, have the codes cleared, and see if it comes back.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Banned

if this VP dies...im going HRVP44
Old 09-27-2006, 08:11 AM

Man what do you do for a living???? You are always putting something new on that truck! Do you have a money tree growin out back?

Actually, I'm just jealous and wish that I had all that done to mine!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by White00
Man what do you do for a living???? You are always putting something new on that truck! Do you have a money tree growin out back?

Actually, I'm just jealous and wish that I had all that done to mine!
its not as easy as it may look. i've built my truck one small piece at a time. some guys have a few grand to go and do it all at once. my stuff gets done one at a time, every few months when i get the money...not to mention i got a credit card that i am fighting to keep from running up i would love to just go ahead and get a HRVP44, TST, and a smarty right now, but i have plenty of other bills to worry about without a CC.

PS- when i did all the headwork last month i did the unthinkable, got a small personal loan from my credit union for a low interest rate for 18 months...small payment each month and i was able to fix the truck right. some people will frown upon what i did, but its my money, and since i dont have a mortgage or rent, i am able to do this at a young age. when i get older i wont be playing or paying near as much for the truck stuff, ill have bigger responsibilities.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Banned

well check enigne light went away for awhile, tonight as soon as i turned the box on, gave it some pedal, the truck started bucking and surging and the CE light came back on. still P0253 so im gonna send the box back to edge tomorrow, i hope i get it done before the big dyno day in october tho
Old 09-28-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by getblown5.9
well check enigne light went away for awhile, tonight as soon as i turned the box on, gave it some pedal, the truck started bucking and surging and the CE light came back on. still P0253 so im gonna send the box back to edge tomorrow, i hope i get it done before the big dyno day in october tho
Let us know what is causing this I think it is the VP44 stressed by the Comp?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:06 AM

P0253 - Fule Injection Pump Fuel Valve Open Circuit - Problem sensed with fuel circuit internal to the injection pump.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bart Timothy
Problem sensed with fuel circuit internal to the injection pump.
That doesn't sound good. Have you seen this code before bart and was it followed by a p0216? If so we might have to do a charity drive or something to get GB a new vp44
Old 09-29-2006, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
That doesn't sound good. Have you seen this code before bart and was it followed by a p0216? If so we might have to do a charity drive or something to get GB a new vp44
Haven't seen it before, but will check into it.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:19 AM
Banned

well after doing some research it looks like my VP is slowly heading south for the winter. now i have to decide whether i save every penny i can find for a HRVP44 or get it replaced under warranty. i only have a month left on the warranty. but then i also know that it was probably the comp that helped to send it south.

my dealer is very mod friendly so maybe they will replace this VP too like they did the last one.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:35 AM

Personally I'd go free first if that was an option.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:39 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, it's a tough one. Free is good, depending of what kind of behavious you are used to, sleeping sound at night is too.

I'd have to explore FREE first, if it seemed like they were going to buck, then do it the other way.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:03 AM
Banned

yea im not a cheater, but after spending nearly $6k this summer to do the tranny and headwork...im just flat out of funds. also there is no proof the comp caused the failure, but it also doesnt help either.

bottom line is, right now I either get the VP under warranty, or I undo the countless hours and thousands i've spent on the truck to demod and sell it. which would suck because if i de-mod then it was a waste that i spent $4k on the headwork and DD clutch this year because thats stuff i cant take out of the truck very easily.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
well after doing some research it looks like my VP is slowly heading south for the winter. now i have to decide whether i save every penny i can find for a HRVP44 or get it replaced under warranty. i only have a month left on the warranty. but then i also know that it was probably the comp that helped to send it south.

my dealer is very mod friendly so maybe they will replace this VP too like they did the last one.
You're running a Drag Comp. That, along with the hot TST, and RedLine, are VP killers. They over work and take out the fueling solenoid, causing the P0253 code. This is another example of a non fuel pressure related VP failure. If you want to play you got to pay.

Quick Reply: ok got this code...caused by comp?