Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Oil Analysis Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Analysis Suggestions

I have a 90 Ram. When I got it, I signed up with Lubricon for an analysis package of 12 tests. Lubricon was then owned by Cummins as I understand it. I haven't had an analysis done in several years, but want to get back to doing that. Apparently Lubricon was sold off and is now an independent company called Polaris, still located in Indianapolis. I contacted them and they seem to be royally screwed up. The rep I talked to apparently never heard of Cummins. She couldn't find it with a spelling of 'cummings'. I suppose not. One of their menu items (2 for sales) is invalid. But I'll bet they saved a lot of money downsizing, getting rid of their overpaid experienced people. etc. etc. So I think I'll stay away from them. I've done a search here and see Blackstone mentioned for one. I'd appreciate any other suggestions. Has anyone had any bad experieces with Blackstone or have some reason to doubt the quality of their work? Thanks for any help.<br><br>
Old 11-22-2002, 11:22 AM

Re:Oil Analysis Suggestions

The lab I use is:<br><br>CTC Analytical Services<br>3319 West Earll Drive<br>Phoenix, AZ 85017-5242<br><br>800 445-7930<br><br>There are air and ground divisions. If you are going to set up a regular program, you can buy multiple sample kits, the more you buy, the lower the price. I believe a single sample is $18.95. Contact Beatrice for purchase info. Contact Stan in the ground lab if you want to talk technical. You can sent in a sample in your own container, with all the pertinent info - vehicle, ttl miles on vehicle, ttl miles on sample, type oil, etc - then contact Beatrice with your credit card number, and they will process it. As you are probably aware, oil analysis does not have much value unless you set up program so as to track trends.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:52 PM

Re:Oil Analysis Suggestions

I use Oil Analyzers, Inc. Cost is $14 per postage paid kit. Their test results reports are very comprehensive and easy to understand. http://www.oaitesting.com