Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Now I seriously respect tuned diesel trucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very interesting.... but you posted on a big, 3 day, Holiday Weekend, for us.
Most members are tied up with family 'Stuff'. I viewed, but did not have the time to respond properly!
Your truck looks good....sounds great!
Figures that the guy who is 4,000 miles away would be the one with the Adrenaline problems.
Which "tune" are you running with? You running the TST and the Adrenaline stacked with a Hypertech ?? (signature says all three).

After market Cam - Does help an Automatic quite a bit. Much better breathing. Don't need a real agressive cam unless strickly building a racer!

Water/Meth (50%/50%) will gain about 40 hp with two 625 ml nozzles. Also lowers EGT's about 200* and allows for a lot slower climb in egt temps.

New intake manifolds are not really lowering EGT's or adding much (if any) HP. But they are nice!
The manifolds on 01's and 02's are stronger than previous ones and do well. You could save some money and find a used one of these for about $100.00 US.

If strongly overfueled, a 100 hp shot of NOS can be a fun addition and not be a serious threat to engine or turbo life, IMO.
Have not done this myself, yet, but have ridden in several trucks that did. None have had problems as long as you stay conservative.
Bring it in around 30-40 psi boost and let her rip!!

RJ
Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 AM

Also, you mention spinning 4 37x12.5 tires?? Not launching your dually in 4x4?
Should be! No problems doing so, even on hard pavement, as long as on a straight away.

RJ
Old 06-01-2010, 07:48 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Oh. I didn't know about the big weekend.

Well what I have noticed I have incredible traction on the four 12.5 rear dual tires and I don't need 4x4 in launches. Even though I haven't done real boosted launch because I don't have traction bars on the rear axle, it get's really shaky . Even my door mirrors shake up and down if I even try to do a hard launch. I don't have a billet output shaft on my transmission so I'm avoiding hard 4x4 launches. But I'm still very optimistic about 2wd launches because I have a lot of traction.
But in rainy weather every single bit of that so called traction goes down from the toilet. It's like a sled with those big four rear tires!

I think I might get the bars done on next week and the I just weld the brackets on the frame and under the rear axle on the bottom of the U bolts.

The traction bars will be 1.5meter/5feet long. Uniball on the axle end and a leaf spring type bushing on the frame end inside a uniball for a little movement.

I have ADR_Comp tune at the moment. I have had that tune for a about a year now.

About the water meth system, can I use 50% methanol windshield stuff? Will it gave the same results than distilled water and separately bought methanol?

What would you do next for my truck if seeking more power?

Thanks RowJ!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:10 AM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P pump it, if you want more fuel and power. You have hardly have any smoke. As for the water/methanol, ya you can mix methanol and water seperately. I just buy blue window washer fluid and spike it with methal hydrate fluid. What the maximum about of boost your pulling? Nice truck
Old 06-01-2010, 08:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Erska
Oh. I didn't know about the big weekend.
Memorial Day - when the USA pays homage to all of our soldiers who have fought, bled and died for the ideals which have kept America (and a large portion of the rest of the world) free & safe for the last 234 years.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 AM

.....About the water meth system, can I use 50% methanol windshield stuff? Thanks RowJ!
No reason you should know about our Hoidays.... but it's a big one for most of us! I assume Finland has a similar holiday?

I too run Pro Comp Xtreme A/T's.... and notice added grab over others I have tried. I suspect the tread design of directional tires DOES make a difference that way!

Windshield Washer fluid is only 20% Methanol. Can use it.... but do no dilute it. You need Racing Methanol and 50% Distilled H2O to get biggest HP gain.

RJ
Old 06-01-2010, 10:58 AM
The Guru

Up here we get windshield fluid for -45 deg's C (or 40% methanol) I wonder myself on how to make more power and keep the VP. For a big increase in power using NOS, you'll need fuel. If your cleaning up the smoke (aka the fuel), you will not see as big of increase in power, but you would see more power increase with water/methanol. What's your egt's on kill? I thought that the Adrenaline fueled harder. I just run a edge comp box, for the last 8 years If I go to big injector my truck (VP thingy), will run like crap, stumbles and doesn't idle. I also stack my truck with the smarty, makes for more fun driving around town. P pump fixes that problem.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:01 PM

I'm pushing about 60psi. Might be little more, my optix gauge runs out at 60psi and it seems that my stock MAP sensor what quadzilla uses is 4 bar/57psi sensor and it will not show more. It has never showed more than 57psi, allways 57,, no matter how I run it.

I think I might do 62 max 63psi.

Our diesel fuel is different than yours(I think it's a little better quality) and I'm at sea level + my twin turbos light up pretty quick.

Thanks for the tips about the water meth system.

But if I'd P-pump my truck and gain more fuel/power over this current setup, will I loose driveability and a "daily" driver status? I'd guess it would start shuddering on certain rpm's due the increased timing and such.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:20 PM
The Guru

Probably more left power to get on the VP. A camshaft helps the mid to top end power, I don't what turbos ATS builds for twins. How good is the VP? I got into the 70-80 running mach 6's and HRVP. Never got to dyno that combo, but very strong set-up. I went from 65 psi running a 40/BTH-3B combo and 75ish psi running a GT3782R/BTH-3B without doing anything other than swapping the secondary turbos.

Sea level, you so lucky, we are 3500 ft. Makes a big difference on how well the turbos respond. Its been shown that the adrenline made abit more power than a edge drag box. You have a pressure gauge for each turbo?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:36 AM

.... But if I'd P-pump my truck and gain more fuel/power over this current setup, will I loose driveability and a "daily" driver status? I'd guess it would start shuddering on certain rpm's due the increased timing and such.
Yup! Sea Level Rules!!!

I'm in the minority around here so take it for what it's worth!
I don't want to give up computer controlled variable timing and many different usuable fueling levels.
I also love all the extra readouts from the Adrenaline Pulse and am reluctant to give those up as well.

With a P-Pump you can have two power levels. Valet switch (350 hp +/-) or full on power. No shuddering that I'm aware of.
Big (215) p-pump WILL fuel heavier than a VP-44 is able to do, and is a smoother kind of power. 24v's with a p-pump are sweet in some ways ...especially for an all out racer.
They take a lot more advanced timing ... well over 20* ... which I don't really understand?
Most members p-pump because they hate their VP-44. I can live with mine. Your choice.

RJ
Old 06-03-2010, 07:50 AM

I had forgotten you have Twins!
When I added my twins, I almost took out my H2O/Meth system.
Reason - High EGT's were no longer a serious problem and the extra cooling was no longer a necessity.
I'm glad I kept it, only because I have smaller twins, but it's a minor gain because the twins breath so much better.
With twins, I thing NOS is also a minor gain.... because you are not so overfueled. NOS is great with a big single but will produce less hp when you already have a good supply of air. But I have seen twin setups with NOS pick up 50 hp on the dyno with a 100 hp "pill" (nozzle)!

RJ
Old 06-04-2010, 10:41 PM

I must say, that truck sounds good, really clean (not smoke clean) and strong, very nice build!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:58 AM

Thanks guys.

I have tried to keep my truck as clean as possible.
It has kind of lost it's daily driver status because I don't have enough guts to park it anywhere alone anymore.

Everytime I left it somewhere someone goes and do something to it.

Last time I got back someone kicked drivers side dually fender to a pieces and spitted to my trucks windows...

Oh well... At least there is a lot of places I can go with it without that danger...

No I don't have a pressure gauge to both of the turbos. I could do that but still haven't done that...
Old 08-19-2010, 04:34 AM

I received my Tom Plaque few days ago!
Nice!

Here's a picture for my sincere thanks to you!

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...3&ppuser=43213
Old 08-19-2010, 07:36 AM

Congratulayions again! Well Deserved.
Did you mount it permanently to the front of your truck?

RJ

Quick Reply: Now I seriously respect tuned diesel trucks