Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Now I seriously respect tuned diesel trucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:44 AM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nasty buddy. You on kill or low power? I like it. The truck must be like a rocket? Hows the 1-2 shift on the DTT? What speed you shifting gears at? I can't wait to try mine at sea level. It would be a ride thats for sure. You have enough fuel for NOS. Any tire spinning at the intial start-up? I just drive around in 4X4 mode these days at least I'm going forward.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
I have this version on my adrenaline:
File Name: ADR_COMP2
UPDATED: 11/17/2008
Models: DADR9802
Software Version: 80027111
Feature Code Enabled: ADRCOMP2

Features:

Same as ADRCOMPF with revised CAN Fueling and Timing tables to help with surging.

Those were just done in a quick 4x4 boost launches in a field. I don't have enough traction to do these kind of launches anymore. It's below zero(below 32F) in here. My trubos just start to lighthen up so quickly that I can't push enough black smoke from the start without gaining boost over 20psi.

The second gear shift is quick and nice, also the 2 to 3 shift.

Here's a small video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHfj6V7E0i4

I'm just spinning all the six tires really, no traction. When I took my foot of the brake, I pushed the throttle all the way, but I took it off a little before the second change and the did the WOT again all the way to the 3rd gear and the started just loosing the throttle...

You know, it's just a reflex, the same thing when you're doing 'drifting' . When your car or whatever starts to loosing traction you're just easing the throttle... No point for over revving the engine.

That field isn't that flat as it seems to be...

I was on ADR level 10.

I had my gear level on D at the moment with OD ON.

Anyway, I'll give you a better video after I have solved my fuel pressure problems, my fuel pressure dropped again on that video. I'm also thinking about the BD diesel flex-plate, the billet output shaft, ATS transmission controller and the fluid dampener so I can go to the 4k rpm.

Just bare with me...
Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Erska
I have this version on my adrenaline:
File Name: ADR_COMP2
UPDATED: 11/17/2008
Models: DADR9802
Software Version: 80027111
Feature Code Enabled: ADRCOMP2
That's the latest and greatest! Glad you got the v1.3.2 for the Pulse, with no problems. Some had difficulty.
Did you get the e-mail from Quadzilla, referring to the mandatory update.
(Your unit may have already been done at the factory. If so, should be a letter that says so in the box with your Adrenaline).

RJ
Old 12-30-2008, 11:46 AM
The Guru

Nice job. buddy. We have to take a video here as we have more snow that you guys. I bet we have at least 12 to 14in of snow. Its fun time. Makes you kinda feel like you're in an auto rally. Some of the snow banks a high enough that you can slam into them. Just make sure that they are soft as you'll find out how good you're seat belts are. I might have to invest in a winch to tow myself out. I did a hard 40ish pull on a ice covered road. They guy coming towards me might have been scared. Passed by a R/T challenger like he was standing still which he was. Fun times up here in great white north. Covered him with a nice roaster tail of snow off one of my tires, it was funny.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:50 AM
The Guru

Don't lift the throttle, you'll hook-up. Ice and deep snow is different. Those are my best 60fters. How much boost you're launching at? You did get the Oppie super input shaft for the tranny? Its about as beefy as you can get for the RE-48 tranny. You running the HD241 T case?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:00 PM

RowJ: I only updated the COMP2 tune to my adrenaline. My pulse still says it has the 1.29 version. But I'm 100% sure that my Adrenaline has that new version now, because the old one was surging from the PL1 . Now it's allmost gone in all levels.

Mike: We used to have great winters. We still have in Lapland. But we had a dark christmas again, third in a row. But in 2005 December I had ice track on that field with nice snow banks till the first of May. After that we haven't had allmost any snow in here.

Darn Gulf Stream !

I have the input shaft which they put in it at DTT, I don't know what it is but I got one.

Yes I have the HD t-case.

If I'm doing it on the dry pavement I'm keeping the boost 10psi or under because the lack of output shaft. I haven't done any dead stop launches on dry asphalt because I don't have traction bars or that output shaft.

Right now, I'm going to my garage with my laptop and try to update that pulse also with the newest and only version available on the quadzillas website.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Now I have the 1.34 version on the Pulse.
There was somekind of option of the power levels, stock, level 1 or 2. But I didn't understand what those are?

And there's still that hot unlock code option beside the custom tuning, which is new. I guess there's no hot unlock code ?

And by the way, how's the tire size adjustments work on the pulse? I have corrected my speedo with the hypertech programmer, but the pulse is off.

What's the correct size for the 37" tires on the pulse?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:35 PM

Tire size correction works great. Just have to play with the percentage number a bit till you find the right number. My 35's use 106 I believe.
Does not correct Speedometer... you get the corrected read out on the Pulse.

Power Level Option - Box comes with 11 levels (OFF plus 10 pwr levels). You can change that to fewer levels, if you want.
Keep in mind, PL01 is always timing only and PL02 is always 'Can Bus' fueling only. So if you choose 5 Power Levels instead of 11, you will get.............
PL00 - OFF
PL01-Timing
PL02-Can Bus Fueling
PL03-Half wire tapped fueling (fuel event stretch)
PL04-Full wire tapped fueling (fuel event stretch)

RJ
Old 12-30-2008, 01:40 PM

Ok, thanks.
Yeah, I don't even want to correct my speedometer readings because it's corrected.

I just want the correct readings on the 0-60mph test, adj speed, top speed and 1/4 mile test.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 PM

Eero,
Re-read above........ I added info on the Power levels.

For speed correction, just play with percentages till your Pulse readout matches your speedometer.
The 0-60 test and the 1/4 mile test screens are serious FUN.

Also, There is no 'Hot Unlock Code' They were going to charge for that but decided not to.
Just go to 'custom tuning'. If you get parameters for Comp2 listed.... you have it.
You can save that tune and then make minor changes and save changes under tune #1 and #2. Can save up to three total.

Enjoy!

RJ
Old 12-30-2008, 03:27 PM

Yeah I don't know what tune I had on those pics and videos, but I did update the adrenaline before and after that the surging was not that bas at all, but now when I updated the pulse I could change the tune.

And I chosed the tune #2.

It also says T2 on the bottom right corner of pulse monitor.

It seemed to be the most brutal, haven't tested it yet, but here are the settings of the tune:
Power levels 14
Timing 10.0
Timing scale 100 max
Pump stretch 2200
TPS pump max 100
TPS pump min 100
TPS Can max 100
TPS can min 100
Boost scale 40

I think I should read the post what quadzilla wrote about these values, because I can't remember and understand all of these values.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:35 PM

I would lower Timing to no more than 8* max. Should never need more than that. (not like a 12v).
Also, Set your 2 Minimum settings at 30% so they kick in sooner. What you have now is nothing extra happening till you have 100% throttle position.

I would write down the settings for the Comp2 tune and make small changes from there... to see how you like it.

RJ
Old 01-01-2009, 06:15 AM
GFB

pump stretch up, boost scaling down makes a low end monster, but not very smooth for daily driving.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Erska
....And I chosed the tune #2. It also says T2 on the bottom right corner of pulse monitor.
I'm confused?
Tune #1 and Tune #2 (T1 & T2) and tunes that you can save. I don't understand there being something already saved there...from the factory.

RJ
Old 01-02-2009, 04:36 PM

Yeah, maybe I was just messing around with it and accidentaly saved those values to the T2 place. My T1 is empty. But I had those values from the factory, somewhere. And It's not the factory tune for sure. haha

I'm getting sick of the Check Engine Light. It comes on every time I use the power levels of the adrenaline.Besides Pl0, Pl1 is the only level I'm not getting it.

Quick Reply: Now I seriously respect tuned diesel trucks