Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Now I seriously respect tuned diesel trucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool pictures Erska, I give you credit for trying to build something way over their. I can only imagine what you have to go through ordering parts. I see you have a PSC steering box. Did you notice any difference in steering feel after you installed it? Do you think it's worth the money?
Old 11-30-2008, 05:06 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by wurkenman
I cant wait to hear the report when this is finished. Erska, you have taken a great looking truck and turned it into a monster.
Thanks! I'll tell you guys how it works for sure after it's finished! I'm hoping to get it running today. I still have to connect my quadzilla and finish the cabs cell return water line. I just plugged the heat exchanger water lines, I couldn't see any benefits for looping them, except worse engine cooling.
Oh and I still have the exhaust undone, but it won't need that on the first start...

Originally Posted by busa
Cool pictures Erska, I give you credit for trying to build something way over their. I can only imagine what you have to go through ordering parts. I see you have a PSC steering box. Did you notice any difference in steering feel after you installed it? Do you think it's worth the money?
Yeah it's really difficult at sometimes. The PSC has been the perfect example. This is my 3rd steering gear. I ordered the whole steering gear setup with more powerfull pump, 3.2 turns fast ratio steering gear , ram assist, steering fluid reservoir, borgeson shaft and the DSS.

Well soon when I have ordered my parts they say on their website that you need steering fluid cooler if you have their pump! Well my oil were boiling on the hot summer days without it. NICE! And then the steering gear, I just installed on the truck, first without the ram assist, well I had 5 turns instead of 3! Argh!
Then I told them that I had the wrong gear, they say that they have been made a mistake, just ship it to them and they change it. Yeah right, I'm going to ship a 450$ steering gear from Finland to Texas with about 500dollars shipping prices... I just sold this one and I ordered another one, well now I have three turns and it's a whole world of difference. Really, I like it. But this one don't have Ram assist hydraulic ports! So I order another one again.... This one should be the right one, I still have the non hydraulic port one on my truck and the new one on the floor... I really hate it when these phone boys with 4$ dollar salary messes up your orders no matter how much you tell them what do you want...
Old 11-30-2008, 08:21 AM
The Guru

PSC don't make build any more steering gear boxes for our trucks. I called them about two weeks ago. They where complaining about too many warranty issues, and not enough profit, so they dropped the product line. You get the part mix-up here, but its not gonna break you on shipping. Erska good luck with get the ride going. I've been there, but just keep at it. It will come together and you will like what you have built. Mopar just sells rebuild sterring boxes, no more new stuff.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
PSC don't make build any more steering gear boxes for our trucks. I called them about two weeks ago. They where complaining about too many warranty issues, and not enough profit, so they dropped the product line. You get the part mix-up here, but its not gonna break you on shipping. Erska good luck with get the ride going. I've been there, but just keep at it. It will come together and you will like what you have built. Mopar just sells rebuild sterring boxes, no more new stuff.
Good to know!
Old 12-02-2008, 03:42 AM

I got my truck running yesterday!
I waited 50 minutes with my espar running on a +16C warm garage until it reached it's normal operating temparature.

Here's a video for its first startup after the headwrork, twins,injectors and everything!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7w_2NdgJYE

Here's the engine compartment:

I'm going to clean up the engine bay and maybe polish the valve cover. But I'm going to my garage now and remove the valve cover and half of the rocker arms so I can re-torque the head!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:11 AM
Chapter President

What a great feeling when you finish and the beast finally starts up. Waiting for the road test
Old 12-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bet your starter was hating life... wow. I've never had a truck that hard to start.

Glad to see it running!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mike D
I bet your starter was hating life... wow. I've never had a truck that hard to start.

Glad to see it running!
Nah I just rebuilt the starter motor, it was kind of a break in for it!

I guess the first mistake was that we opened only the Cyl #1 fuel line. When we opened the # 3 also it started.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 AM

I took some new pics of my truck. It's ready now, only missing the adrenaline, but all sensors are on it's place. Do you guys know that is it possible to do some negative fueling with adrenaline? I'd wanted it so badly because the fuel consumption and emission tests... I know that smart does have that feature, but I already have my scanner, so Smarty would be useless to me.

I took some new pictures of my truck with the stacks. Here they are, the last ten photos:
http://kuvablogi.com/blog/9142/3/

I love the sounds of the 6" bull-haulers & straight pipe. It sounds so great even on slight load@1200rpm.

The only negative side of this what I have noticed is seriously luggin shudder under 1100-1200rpm with lock-up. But I can live with that. Some guys say that they get that shudder with mach 6's anywhere under 1500rpm, that would make me nuts!

Anyway, a happy customer in here, if my head just lasts, I still have to do some re-torquing on the head and thats why I can't step it at all for two weeks..
Old 12-05-2008, 09:25 AM
The Guru

You should get some pics on a decent burnout. The shudder is a VP thingy, I get that with any big sticks. Using a smarty is worse, but so much more fun. Hows the first to second shift? You laying down any rubber on any shifts? Congrats
Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A cam cleared up a lot of my bucking with low rpms.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
You should get some pics on a decent burnout. The shudder is a VP thingy, I get that with any big sticks. Using a smarty is worse, but so much more fun. Hows the first to second shift? You laying down any rubber on any shifts? Congrats
Hah, I'm not going to do burnouts without traction bars or with my 400(x4=1600$) bucks per piece 37" pro comps, but maybe with some other tires or when these worn out. And I only can get my pro comps from usa and that took me months to get those here.

I haven't floored it yet, because I haven't done the two re-torques yet... I'm driving easy for 1˝week at least untill I'll floor it.

Mike D: I'm going to get a Cam eventually, I think. But not now. That's good to hear, I thought it makes it worse!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:34 PM

Well, today was the day!

I re-torqued the cylinder head for the third time and I did some WOT accerlations.

Can I say OH MY GOD!

There's some extra power for sure since last time.

But I got a new problem.

With my Quadzilla Adrenaline&pulse anything above the 4th power level I get an incredible power peak but then it starts struggling like posessed.

My fuel pressure drops form 15psi to 5 psi! With levels 0-4 it does not go below 10psi and it's fine.

My Walbro 392 pump is not enough with the 3/8" big line kit I see.

I ordered another Walbro 392 pump and I'm going to install them side by side with T-connectors.

Like this:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3r...formation.html

I think that I'm missing a 100hp. Oh boy oh boy it's a blast to drive!

I hit 60psi according to my optix gauge but only 56psi according to my pulses datalogger. And 3300rpm.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Chapter President

Good job on getting it running. Check your wiretap on your VP and solder it or use a Stealth cover and not the scotch-lock.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:13 PM

Thanks.

I'm allready using blu chip vp44 cover. No tapped wires on my truck.

Quick Reply: Now I seriously respect tuned diesel trucks