Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

No more Quadzilla products for me....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No more Quadzilla products for me....

Well, after dealing with Jeremy and Ross (both hard working individuals) I have been unable to find a resolution to my Commander warranty problem. I know there are varying opinions on warranty issues but I strongly feel that if you buy an advertised and warranted item it should perform as advertised or be repaired or replaced free of charge. Quadzilla has had a problem since almost day one with their fuel transducers for the Commander. They promised a fix for months and sent out weak Datcon transducers in the meantime. Once they found a fix they decided to charge $45 to make their unit perform as advertised. The command module had to be removed from the vehicle and sent in also (not an easy feat since it is not modular). This $45 was their "cost."
I spent over $400 for the Commander and FP kit. The Commander was supposed to be their flagship control device and easily upgraded for future modules. I was somewhat disappointed to learn that the Adrenaline wasn't designed to work with the Commander. Some flagship. I've already spent over $100 extra on aftermarket transducers and plumbing and can't see throwing good money after bad. Stand by your product even if you lose money; your reputation is at stake. It's a principle thing.
I spoke at length with Jeremy and then with Ross looking for some resolution (even to the point of trading in my Commander for a Scout or Adrenaline/PCM combo at a reduced price). Alas, nothing could be done on their end so they have lost a customer for life.

Fire away....
Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear that. i have been thinking really hard about getting a adrenaline/pulse because everybody says they are so great. But i keep hearing bad things about quadzilla products that i just cant pull the trigger, my juice/attitude has served well since the day i put it in, it is hard to get rid of it for something that seems like is still in beta testing.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:28 AM

I completely understand where you are coming from. I think a lot of the issue was that quad was developing and releasing products rpetty quick to get them out to meet the demand of waiting customers, and I think somewhere in there there were some things lost. I agree that even with the adrenaline pulse, you should not have to buy aditional products to make it do whats advertised, but at the same time nt all people want those features and it can keep the cost down to the general buyer. I have had issues with a previous quad product and have dealt witht he same 2 individuals who were very helpful and ultimately stood behind their product even after some debate about warranty.
I believe in your situation maybe it should have possibly been resolved differently. I also believe that if you manufacture a product that comes plug and play for a specific function you should not have to remove it from the vehicle, send it back, and pay to make that function work
but all in all quad has been a great company and in all my dealings, professional and helpful. and while I may not like some policy, this is what I find important when i buy a product.
If your debating buying their product, dosome research and make sure it does what you want and if not what it takes for it to.
sorry to go on for so long. my .02
Old 02-13-2009, 11:27 AM

I agree. The ethics have gone in the toilet, also the quality of thier products. Cheap materials used on both the pulse and module itself. From all the ranting everyone did about the adrenaline, i was dissapointed. Its like its still a rough draft.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:40 PM

You need read what he is really saying.

He is mad because he bought a COMMANDER and it WONT work with an ADRENALINE. Well it works with it, just not like the Pulse that is made directly for it.

There is not a single company out there that has made more stuff backwards compatible and upgradable to their customers. Actually no one is even close.

So rant and rave but, at least rant and rave over what really makes you upset, not some muddied up version.

We never advertised the Commander would work with the Adrenaline. We never mentioned it, talked about it or anything.

The Commander was released 3 years before the first Adrenaline. Since then it has controlled 2 generations of modules for us (Xzillaraider and X2) and also able to control some Edge products, Bullydog products, Van Aaken products, BD Power products, TS Performance products, some Banks products and more I am not even naming. So I think it ran its course properly.

There is nothing out there that compares to the Adrenaline for the 24v. Edge still sells products that were released 8 years ago and they have known issues on a regular basis. They don't even try to act like they are interested in fixing them.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it is the pulsing that tears up the transducers we have been using a snubber and 6' copper oil pressure gauge line to isolate ours and no failures
Old 02-13-2009, 06:14 PM

Edge still sells products that were released 8 years ago and they have known issues on a regular basis. They don't even try to act like they are interested in fixing them.

But they honor thier warranty even on f.p. senders, no extra charge! And you dont have to scrub the buttons with a scotch brite pad to get them to work
Old 02-13-2009, 07:55 PM

Where did anyone read that the Commander would work with the Adrenaline???
My buddy just bought a brand new 2001 Edge Comp Drag and it still has the on/off switch issues right out of the box??? All electronic products have their hiccups, give the guy a break... I'm staying neutral here but my Commander works perfectly and it still has the old fuel pressure sensor, still....
Old 02-13-2009, 11:28 PM

well i all i can say is so far i am very pleased with the adrenaline. the only problem is that it dumps way to much fuel in my engine for my stock turbo. i may have only had it for about a week but all i can say is wow. a big improvement compaired to just my smarty. although after a hard run sometimes it will die and wont start i have to purge the air out of the injector lines cause it runs em dry.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:07 AM

will the edge fuel pressure sender work with the adrenaline ?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:49 AM

The point I was trying to make about the Commander was that it was billed as being the end-all for controlling and monitoring modules. I think that companies should make an effort to design and produce products that work with their own previous models. It's a control module filled with electronics and code. Make the unit truly upgradeable and do it without having to send in a complete hardwired unit. I don't even really care about that; it was just something else that peeved me. I think the Commander was an adequate product and did it's job (except for the fuel pressure transducer fiasco). It was just kind of disheartening that you see the Adrenaline PCM and even the new Scouts with the old and tired display design. Makes you think they could make the innards backwards compatible with their new products. Quad could help his business greatly if (besides standing by the warranty) he redesigned the display case to make it more rugged and stylish, redesigned the mount to be stronger and provide more range of motion, made the unit capable of being removed from the vehicle easily, made the unit modular with a mini-USB connector, made their new units with a pass through OBDII connector, provided larger diameter wires with their harnesses, and oh yeah, stood by their warranty....

Last edited by Totallyrad; 02-14-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Advertising product for sale
Old 02-14-2009, 10:14 AM

All my Quadzilla products have been great so far. I have had great communication with the people at quad also. Answered all my questions I had very fast. About your commander, I have been wanting one for a while, but have held off because I'm a little wary of electronics monitoring my vitals. I have good ol mechanical guages for that. But it would be nice to control my other box with it
Later,
Tommy
Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Banned

I've dealt with both Edge & Quadzilla. My Drag comp started messing up after 2 years of service, they sent me 5 different DC boxes before one finally worked correctly....free of charge & they covered all shipping. I can't complain about Edge. I haven't had to return products to Quad yet, because I have had no trouble with his products. I did have to send products in while beta testing & had nothing but great communication & great service. Edge had 3 buttons to worry about, Quad has way more complexity to his device. Quad has custom tuning, 100 different parameters & zero issues on my truck. I think Quad handled the fp thing great, drop the price & send them out....Whats wrong with that? All electronics have issues & I'm sure one day I'll need to send my Adrenaline in for service, but I think it is by far the best bang for the buck in the industry.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is one supposed to get warranty if one didnt send in the warranty card?

i sent in various used edge products, never asked for a warranty card.

i bought a new adrenaline, i was hopijng it would work well, and never even thought of sending in the warranty card, it quit working after a couple of months and they say it aint under warranty
Old 02-18-2009, 03:59 PM
JIT

Originally Posted by 12valve
is one supposed to get warranty if one didnt send in the warranty card?

i sent in various used edge products, never asked for a warranty card.

i bought a new adrenaline, i was hopijng it would work well, and never even thought of sending in the warranty card, it quit working after a couple of months and they say it aint under warranty
Are you sure. That doesnt sound right to me. PM quad and tell him what the problem is. If its only a few months old I doubt it would be out of warranty!

Quick Reply: No more Quadzilla products for me....