Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

No Fuel pressure Airdog.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Warranty has a lot to do with when you purchased and whether or not you mailed in a copy of your receipt along with the warranty card as instructed.

That makes it a lifetime warranty if you purchased after they upped it from 6 years. Find your receipt, that should help a bunch
Old 09-27-2010, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmmm... i just dont wanna take any risks seeing i travel alot but i will consider not replacing them wuite yet.
so i called pure flow today left a message and got a response within an hour and they didnt sound like they wanted to warranty the pump, so i sent him the pics and and serial number after we got off the phone and they didnt call me back even after i left several messages, im not trying to be impatient but i need my truck this weekend to tow a bunch of stuff. thinking im going to just buy a pump and have it over nighted and maybe they will just re-fund me the money. we will see what tomorrow brings.

has anyone out there had there airdog pump burn out like mine did?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a suggestion... lets say they dont warranty it, I'm sure they could sell you a replacement motor, the replacement part would have to be cheaper than a new pump.

something to think about
Old 10-01-2010, 05:14 PM

got a call back form them the other day (just havnt had time to post) and they said they are going to warranty it for me even though they cant find my warranty card, they already mailed it out and should be here soon. cant wait to get her running again. they are doing a full warranty with paid shipping both ways as well.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:32 AM

Well done AirDog!!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:38 PM

ha well just kidding it still hasn't showed up so i called them Monday and i was told that there was a problem last week and it was "put on the back burner" they actually told me that and of course i was a little irritated and then they told me they were going to 2 day air it to me at their cost because i need it this weekend to tow a bunch of stuff. so today rolls around and still no pump so called them 5 different times today and no one answered, called every line. left 2 voice mails and no call back so now at this point Im getting irritated cause it coming down to the last minute to get the pump in before my trip Friday morning. hopefully i will get a call tomorrow and we will see whats up.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Did you get it yet?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:01 PM

Air Dog

I thought Air Dog was a Brushless Motor. It looks like there is brushes in the motor and a stator. Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like my Red Holley pump I just pulled apart brushes were wore out. The stator had a chip in it which caused the brushes to wear. Looks like the same problem I just had but I got three years out of my Holley. Let me know if it is a standard Brush motor.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:43 PM

sry for the late update.
but i believe it is a normal brush electric motor thats what it looks like to me.
so i found out they accidently shipped it ground instead of 2nd day air. oh well so i got the new pump put it in and everything seems good so far have been driving it all week. only thing i noticed that was diff is that before my fuel pressure was 15psi at idle and would drop below 12psi at WOT and now this new pump is about 12 to 13psi at idle and drops to about 10psi at WOT. not sure if they tuned em down or what.

what are your guys fuel pressures with the airdog?
Old 10-15-2010, 11:46 PM

and the new pump came with new filters!!! and came with pre-paid postage for the return pump. so over all i lam satisfied with there customer service and the warranty was great especially seeing the fact i guess i never mailed in my warranty card. could have better communication though but other then the lack of communication and the mix up with the 2nd day air, i am satisfied.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is yours AirDog still running? Mine just did what what yours did three years ago. Did you try and clean it out and run it longer? I need mine to last 2 more days.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:16 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Originally Posted by Jturs
took the pump out and pulled the motor apart and this is what i found. i think there might be a small problem here. thinking possibly some fuel might have gotten in there or its just fried as you can tell form the pics, when i pulled the back of the motor off it had that nice electrical burnt smell.
These pumps were known to have the internal seals fail and let fuel into the motor, thus, shorting it out. Had mine almost 6 yrs and only had it happen once. Pureflow was nothing but helpful with this. I have a lifetime warranty on mine and the only thing a new pump motor cost me was about $30 in shipping charges and 2 days without my pump.........no down time for me as I still have my stock pump ready to plug in just in case this ever happened.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Be sure you hang onto the old pump I got a call today from a customer whose pump let go again it is the 6th one he has to get replaced!

At this point he is obviously looking for an alternative because downtime is no fun for anyone.