Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

No Fuel pressure Airdog.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Fuel pressure Airdog.

well i have had my airdog system for a few years now and today i and turned my truck on and it started looked up and had no fuel pressure and immediatly turned my truck off. so i hook up another guage cycled key and no pressure, changed filters thinking they might be clogged and still no pressure. i checked all my connection which are good checked my fuse and relay and they are good. and while trying to figure it all out a heard the pump come on and it made a lot of noise and not normal noise either. and i turned the key off and the pump kept making screeching noises. so im guessing its safe to say my pump is bad, anyone have any problems with there pumps? think my injection pump could be damaged now?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:49 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't have an airdog, I have a FASS, but it sounds as though you were not driving so chances are you should be ok.

Just make sure to give yourself a pat on the back for having a fuel pressure gauge, sounds like it may have just paid for itself.

You could take the line off the pump to the filter and see if it is pumping fuel, but with screeching noises it is probably shot.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:41 AM

any one know anything about the warranty on these pumps.?
Old 09-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Chapter President

Couple diesel performance stores are showing lifetime warranty but I guess it depends on what was the "norm" when you bought yours. Probably contact Airdog and discuss it with them.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:40 AM

best bet is to call pureflow, I know they were super helpful when I had an issue. also note there is a new updated fuel filter as the old style water seperator DID not remove water, the new type has a metal drain valve where the old style had a plastic valve
Old 09-26-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
Couple diesel performance stores are showing lifetime warranty but I guess it depends on what was the "norm" when you bought yours. Probably contact Airdog and discuss it with them.
When I bought mine it had a 6 year warranty and when I emailed him I got back in writing and email the said that my 6 year is now a lifetime warranty. I having nothing but great things to say about the company ED
Old 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM

i emailed them yesterday waiting for a response. have any of you guys had problems with the fuel lines cracking and/or dry rotting? wonder what they will say about that.

and yes i have the new updated filter on mine. i just happen to have another 150 kit laying around for my 01. so today going to swap the pump and see if that fixes it.

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2010, 06:45 PM

took the pump out and pulled the motor apart and this is what i found. i think there might be a small problem here. thinking possibly some fuel might have gotten in there or its just fried as you can tell form the pics, when i pulled the back of the motor off it had that nice electrical burnt smell.
Attached Thumbnails No Fuel pressure Airdog.-imag0112.jpg   No Fuel pressure Airdog.-imag0110.jpg   No Fuel pressure Airdog.-imag0109.jpg   No Fuel pressure Airdog.-imag0108.jpg  
Old 09-26-2010, 06:50 PM

and here are the pics of the fuel lines that are dry rotting.
Attached Thumbnails No Fuel pressure Airdog.-imag0055.jpg   No Fuel pressure Airdog.-imag0056.jpg  
Old 09-26-2010, 08:47 PM

the blue hose is well known to do that, mine started 6months after installing it, I removed it all and went with 1/2 fuel line that vulcan sells, it was not that expensive as I recall. I even sent a piece of the blue hose back to Pureflow, they did say they knew about it but it only showed up on GM's where the fuel line was next to a hot block...they admitted nothing else about it.

too bad on the motor, hopefully they fix you up.

just another reason my next truck will have a mechanical lift pump!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:07 PM

Thanks I will check out Vulcan fuel line
Old 09-27-2010, 05:17 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by nickg
just another reason my next truck will have a mechanical lift pump!
I have the Glacier Diesel Fuel Boss on mine and this thing ROCKS. never see pressures below 17psi. When the engine is running its pumping fuel. Say good bye to the electric crap.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jturs
Thanks I will check out Vulcan fuel line
Eric's fuel line cracks like that too - it is just visual. The inside is fine. Been running mine cracked like that for 2 years. Still works fine. Was told the same thing by Vulcan and Pureflow. No worries.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:28 PM

Yep,my fuel lines on my FASS look the same way.I've had it for 2 yrs,never had a problem with the lines.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sea:\>Drive
Eric's fuel line cracks like that too - it is just visual. The inside is fine. Been running mine cracked like that for 2 years. Still works fine. Was told the same thing by Vulcan and Pureflow. No worries.
Good to know.. I saw mine was cracking when I pulled the VP and was going to replace it..
Just found this thread..... Thanks.....

Quick Reply: No Fuel pressure Airdog.