Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too believe that Goerend bros should be someone you should at least call before spending your money, Dave called me back on his dime and spent a lot of time explaining things to me that really helped me make an informed decision. His call back was also the exact opposite of what I expected, he didn't try to sell me anything really, just answered ALL my questions. Even if you don't buy from him, he still is a wealth of knowledge.

Jason
Old 01-20-2005, 01:48 PM

not all builders do the same.when inquiring,ask about added clutches to your packs,and if there will be any billet parts-servos,accumulator pistons,apply pistons or levers used.ask about line pressures and differences in pressure readings from different ports on the tranny.some companies offer all this,some dance around the questions,and i know of at least one that doesnt add any clutches at all ,just a stock rebuild with higher pressures.and some companies lead you to believe that they have it all with their billet parts,knowing full well that billet servos and such,with gapless rings have been around for quite a while,with any reputable tranny shop having them,,,,,,,,,good luck with it,youre gonna need it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and jtb,,gardendale huh?im just up the road from you in corner,if you ever went up to lassiter mountain,or steele this summer,you probably saw me there in a white 02 4x4,,,,,,,,8.80,and 13.80 @99.9 thru the quarter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bama
Old 01-20-2005, 10:09 PM

I agree with Cowhand, Dave stands behind his work! He came in on a Sunday, just after he got back from vacation, to let me pick my tranny up and show us how a torque converter really works. I also called a few nights before, at 1:00 in the morning to leave him a message and he answered the phone. He says he can concentrate better when he's the only one in the shop at night He literally eats, breathes and sleeps these transmissions (well maybe he doesn't sleep ) Give him a call, he won't dissapoint you. Just like bama said, some places will try to sell you on all sorts of expensive, pointless gizmos. Dave just knows how to set a tranny up.

The best thing was a little analogy he gave me. Think of busting a rusty nut loose, you try to apply constantly increasing torque to remove it and it comes off unharmed (Dave's tranny). Now, put a breaker bar on there and just hammer on it, you'll snap the bolt (other name brand trannies). He gives you smooth shifts, not the ones that chatter your teeth - that's when things let loose.