Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New pics of the slammed Ram

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:New pics of the slammed Ram

No glare from the dash at all the ram air is actully the lund scoops but I cut the hood to make them functional. No one has been home to take a pic of it hopping and I can't do 2 things at once. Back to the overlay its bruhed not polished so it has no glare.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:30 AM

[quote author=Jamie Attridge link=board=7;threadid=5751;start=15#50966 date=1034266549]<br>I cut the hood to make them functional.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Cool, do you have any pics of the underside of the hood?<br><br>Sweet ride BTW!
Old 10-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Banned

Sounds sweet dude. Did you do any duct work to the scoops to pipe the air to the filter or something? Do you drive it in the rain? I figure with a hole in your hood, that cold rain water hitting that hot engine might not be to cool (no pun intended). I want to see a pic of it hopping. I'll bet it's pretty cool. Must be a lot of pressure in there to lift up that heavy engine.
Old 10-10-2002, 05:24 PM

I don't know for sure about the Lunds but I don't think the rain would be an issue because the ones I saw had a screen type material in the openings of the scoops to keep water/debree out.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:00 PM

i'm not a slammed vehicle fan, but me likes! you should get some video of that thing bouncing.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:46 PM
jt

The lowest Dodge dually with a deisel I ever saw was the MBRP project &quot;RAM SLAM&quot;. It was so low the fuel tank was in the box and the oil pan was cut and widened. The front cross member could be dragged on the ground. It was purple with wild graphics all over it.<br><br>jt
Old 10-11-2002, 10:20 AM

My daulie will lay the frame after this winter like MBRP's did I have talked to martin a bit and he has helped out. I have sourced out a hood through him and some other stuff. I am having a fuel cell fabricated for the back and the oil pan widening is my next thing. Don't worry this daulie will be low.<br><br>As for handling my truck handles like a dream try taking a corner with 6 wheels holding instead of 4 when your on the ground it can burn the turns!<br><br>The lunds do stop the rain and stuff they have grills I get much cooler temps under hood now.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Banned

Sounds good. I was thinking about doing those myself but wante an actual functional scoop. I'm kinda hesitant to cut my hood up. How hard was it? What did you use? Did you paint up the cut marks so they wouldn't rust? How'd you mark it off? I really like that. Maybe I can figure out a way to pipe it over to the air filter and get some cooler air in there.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:08 AM

cut it with a metal trimmer then painted the cuts so no rust then cut the scoops out to let the air in. Make new grills that flow U R done.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:44 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Or, use a plasma cutter and have a custom air box in a shaker hood scoop over the right side of the engine bay. Whoops...That was not supposed to be typed. :P

Have a motorized air flap for inlet control so that when the outside air is closed off it opens up in the engine bay for when its cold or pouring rain. Whoops, that slipped out too. :-X

Its not like I would do anything like that though.

8)
Old 10-11-2002, 02:59 PM

If you did that would be the Shiznat if your looking for a tester as always scotty count me in!
Old 10-11-2002, 05:05 PM

Jamie-<br><br>Any close ups of the hood yet? Top &amp; bottom<br><br>Ryan
Old 10-11-2002, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote author=Scotty link=board=7;threadid=5751;start=15#51520 date=1034354677]<br>Or, use a plasma cutter and have a custom air box in a shaker hood scoop over the right side of the engine bay. Whoops...That was not supposed to be typed. :P<br><br>Have a motorized air flap for inlet control so that when the outside air is closed off it opens up in the engine bay for when its cold or pouring rain. Whoops, that slipped out too. :-X<br><br>Its not like I would do anything like that though. <br><br> 8)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Scotty, something that I have thought of for fresh air. Ford Louisville trucks used a reverse metal scoop that bolts on to the hood. I has a six inch diameter hole cut in the hood and also has the boot necessary to feed fresh air to the truck. I believe that it is a cowl pressure deal. My Ford LN 7000 (3208 Cat) has that on it.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:09 PM

Sorry no pics of the hood yet guys my **** camera busted!

Quick Reply: New pics of the slammed Ram