Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New Mod Time

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mod Time

Time to upgrade.

Well! I hit some black ice driving at midnight in the mountains (ski trip )driver in front hit brakes for no apparent reason and I tapped mine, and slid off road, hit edge of guard rail with post. When I stepped out of truck almost landed on my *** . Road was solid sheet of Ice. No one hurt except ego.

Smashed front bumper, post hit axle and broke all four link arms and broke overdrive housing in half seperating transfercase from transmission, vehicle towed 100 miles and getting estimate from dealer, their thinking around 6500.00seems high

Its amazing what 10-15 mph can do with a heavy truck.

Thinking about new radius arms from DT, with a new Buck Stop bumper with winch

Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-2005, 02:29 PM
RCW

With that much damage, the $6,500 looks like a bargain. They will do a complete transmission swap, not just the OD housing, and that is about half the price. The radius arms will run another $1,500 with bushings, and the OEM bumper is made from unobtainum and costs over $600. Add to that a bit of paint and a few bolts and other ancillary parts, that leaves them with little for labor.

When you reinstall your front end, take a good look at http://www.solidsteel.ca/ and their track bar and steering stabilizer. Both products will save you a ton of grief in the future.

For a bumper I would suggest the stainless model from reunel. http://www.reunel.com
They are so tough that they will way outlast the truck.

I assume you are looking at Doetsch-Tech suspension arms because of the increased height you want on the truck. I am not a fan of lift kits on these rigs because of the instability of the OEM front-end, but if you install the Solidsteel steering stabilizer from Windecker it should avoid knocking the lower bearing out of the steering gear box, and their track bar can be attached to a lowered frame mount, but you need to give them a call to get the drop you desire for the increased suspension height.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:49 PM

They better not swap out the tranny it was just upgraded and the transfercase was just rebuilt and all the steering linkage and track bar is new and upgraded. No paint is needed and I was quoted 650.00 for a radius arm kit with brackets.

Sounds like I may have to do it myself