Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New Injectors Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Injectors Installed!!!

Just got finished with at test drive after installing new Jammer 5's . All I can say is WOW . I've had the smarty for awhile now with stock injectors and that was a big improvement, but nothing like this. The truck idles MUCH smoother and sounds better too. I think my old sticks were way past their retirement age. With 280k miles who knows, they may be the stockers. The tips were caked with carbon (I guess).

I couldn't really tell how much smoke she was blowing because of it being dark, but the truck felt like a sports car. I was also encouraged that my tranny seemed to take it all in stride, and I was not being easy on it. I rolled through a stop and decided to punch it and to my delight the rear tires broke loose until I got out of it .

Anyone with a smarty and stock injectors do yourself a favor and get some bigger sticks. I tow rarely with little weight, which is why I opted for the 150hp sticks.

I guess I'll think about upgrading the turbo now .

Later
Brad
Old 07-15-2006, 12:15 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to note that the Smarty was on SW 5 at the time. Maybe I shouldn't be celebrating my tough tranny just yet...

Brad
Old 07-15-2006, 12:21 PM

I know what you mean man. I thought my truck ran good with the drag comp. Then I got my DD5's(150hp). There's a black and white difference in power. My truck was a total turd when I got it(totally stock). Now that I have all my power mods on it, it is the exact opposite. Now I can beat mustang GT's and srt-4's with it.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bamadzl
Oh yeah, I forgot to note that the Smarty was on SW 5 at the time. Maybe I shouldn't be celebrating my tough tranny just yet...

Brad

Start saving for a Tranny.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:49 AM

After driving some more I'm surprised how easy the smoke is to control as well as egt's. Granted, this is all empty.

The smoke happens at the same rpm as before, the only difference is the volume of smoke. I've been able to easily go without smoke.

Now, if you floor it from a stop you'll get a LARGE black cloud.

Brad