Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New F1 Injector Request - Mach .75 ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 AM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regardless which injector that I've ran, my fuel mileage remains the same. If you want the best fuel mileage, you may want to consider a twin set-up. Thats sounds off based but you wont need as much throttle to move the truck, this saves fuel. The turbos will spool-up faster and get the truck up to highway speeds with less throttle (smoke). I don't see any fuel mileage saving by running the .75 mach's. Your motor only needs so much fuel to push the truck at highway speeds. If your running mach 6er's or mach 1's, its still the same amount of fuel. This of course you have to use the same throttle position. With my truck I've only seen fuel mileage improvements with each step change that I've done with the truck, but its a rare day that I get 20+mpg based on us gallons. There more to fuel mileage than just the injectors. A stock truck get around 16-18mpg, if I get around 18-20mpg now, you can buy lots of parts on the money that you've saved on fuel.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, twins would be the way to go but Ive been down that "slippery slope" before and this time Im going back to simple & sweet and mild.

At the same time going for increased reliability and having a good running tow rig for getting the trailer to the mountains and then doing some rock crawling through some of the old ghost town trails & hidden lakes up in the Sierras to go do some fishing & metal detecting.

Not looking for a race rig this time around.

I know what your saying about the twins and you're not suggesting building a race rig, but just keeping it simple here and I know there are a lot of people out there that have similar wants. There's also some hot-shotters that would probably use them as well as motorhomes & possibly school busses that are already cleaning up their emissions by going to bio fuel (which I doubt, but is possible).. Just trying to make the point, these arent only for mileage, they are for being a mild power increase & efficient upgrade at the same time.

A campground cruiser, not a police magnet, keeping it looking as stock as possible, a sleeper with a Rip Rook double muffler special that exits the right-rear looking stock.

Just dont know how to explain it any other way than that.