Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New dude in town...Got the bug now!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New dude in town...Got the bug now!

Hey guys, first post. Gotta put out the customary hello post. Anyways, awesome website. Between this place and TDR, (is it taboo to mention that website here?hehe) I've had many a sleepless night researching stuff.

I've been reading here so much latley, that I go to bed with sore eyeballs. After all the reading, I decided to go with a #6 plate/power kit. Less than an hour to install and the results? I was/am blown away. I can see now why this is soo damm addicting! Gauges next of course. Tried to keep the bombs fairly tame for that reason. I kinda wish I had installed them first...Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

I'll prolly end up with a 4k gsk set due to my 4.10 gears, and the 60lb valve springs, then call it quits for the tranny's sake. When I can afford to upgrade it, I'll most likely go with a #100 or #10 plate, afc spring kit, 4" straight pipe, 191dv's and injectors of some sort. I drive the truck to work everyday, and use it tow my rock crawling/wheeling rig around on the weekends. I'm not into racing, or speed really, main goal is towing ability. Feel free to comment on my planned mods...I'm all about learning- a knowledge sponge for sure.

Here's a picture of the truck and the load it pulls-

Which reminds me, are there any clubs/groups/chapters in the Chico, CA area? Would be cool to learn hands on, rather than just reading about it.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to DTR,
Im sure the guys around here will have your pocket book drained in no time!

Rich
Old 01-26-2006, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at one time there was a club in Sacto--not sure they're meeting still--I'd go to the TDR and check---there are events though through out the yr at various places--Imler's in Sacto has a couple of dyno days during the year, this saturday in Rohnert Park there's a dyno day, Brown's Valley Diesel hosts a couple of dyno days--then there's other dyno, sled pulls and drag racing events thru-out the year---best place for that info is

www.deisel-central.com

as that's where most of us CALI boys hang out--but we do come to all the other sites a lot---but for CALI info that's where to start, usually ---chris
Old 01-26-2006, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Local DTR Chapter Map Here....
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=21919

RJ