Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

new custom front bumper tell me what u think

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i do have plans to add the block heater recepticle
Old 12-05-2007, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by pigsramdsl
would on of these painted with an black enamel paint be worth 900.00? im trying to get an idea of pricing because i have alot of people wanting me to make them one.
Leave it bare, price it accordingly, and let the final customer deal with the finish of their choice. WAY too much hassle especially when shipping because of scratches and so forth. Alien Patrol ships their bumpers bare which makes them cheaper.

I would much rather get a raw bumper coated than make to the whole thing myself.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:44 PM

Sweet bambi bouncer!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Munchies
Honest?

Sticks out too far. Kills the approach angle. I wish I could get a road armor style bumper that came out only as far as the stock chrome/plastic does
The Road Armor = Alien Patrol bumpers don't stick out much and the approach angle is great, because they're shorter, top to bottom, and the bottom rakes back. They stick out a little bit more than OEM bumpers, but not much, and the additional space is needed to fit the winch. (I've attached a couple shots of the original, rough-tacked RA bumper made for my Chevy 3500. It's since been welded up, light-buckets installed, and sent for powder-coating.)

The Alien Patrol bumper started at $995, but I don't think they're still in business anymore, because we haven't been able to contact them after weeks of calling and trying the three email addresses. The Road Armor bumpers are about $1600, with all the light buckets and goodies - and I KNOW they're still in business, though not always good about honoring promises or returning calls. FabFour and Buckstop have good reputations, but FabFours are a long wait and they're MUCH more money for the same bumber, and teh Buckstop bumpers stick out and look less OEM/streamlined.

By the way, for a home-made bumper, the one in this thread is awesome -- I wish I had that skill level.
Attached Thumbnails new custom front bumper tell me what u think-ra-bumperlqp-mini.jpg   new custom front bumper tell me what u think-rabumper-rqp-mini.jpg   new custom front bumper tell me what u think-ra-head-mini.jpg  
Old 12-17-2007, 04:53 PM

Alien Patrol is still in business, just moving from AZ to CO. Jim,{the owner} lost a frost plug on his V-10 on his way back down to AZ to get more stuff with the enclosed trailer, and had to be towed to next town and repaired, which required the engine to be lifted out. I just talked to him 3 days ago, and he is getting settled in , little slow and behind right now, but he is still going!, I got 1 ordered, the s-series lunar bumper. should be here first of the year. and its going straight to Line-X......
Old 12-17-2007, 11:17 PM

Hmmm. I wonder why they stopped returning calls and returning emails...

Well, my bumper is finished and installed.

The license plate just snaps on and off of the fairlead using a special bracket made by the guys at "Built Rides". (www.builtrides.com)
Attached Thumbnails new custom front bumper tell me what u think-ra-finished-rqp.jpg   new custom front bumper tell me what u think-ra-finished-lqp.jpg