Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New Cool Twist vs. Full B1 ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Cool Twist vs. Full B1 ?????

I know both of these turbos are a base S-300 turbo, but what would the difference be???? on the city diesel website it says that the Cool Twist is capable of supporting 550 hp, & that's what I was told my full TAD wastegated B1 would support, so are there any major differences????? I'm happy with the B1 (other than the freakin barking all the time) but I was just curious that's all, also any other B1 or S-300 based turbo users is the barking that common???? I can get my pyro pretty toasty ( 1400-1550# pre-turbo) with the mods in my sig. I know my timing has slipped, just waiting for a chance to get it timed, other than the timing issue, should I be able to keep it cool w/the B1 or is there something else wrong w/this picture???? thanks for any replies, Dusty
Old 01-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Banned

I'm running a KSB-1 and I have to be very careful coming off the throttle so I don't bark it.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:54 PM

mine will sometimes kinda like flutter if I'm in a higher gear w/a load behind it & low rpm's with light to mid throttle??? anybody else heard this??? I'm kinda afraid I might end up breaking the thing, I 've got to where I can pretty much control the bark otherwise except when rowing throught the gears really fast then it barks at every shift, will adjusting the boost elbow make any difference??? or is it just something I need to learn to live with???? thanks, Dusty
Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being able to support 550hp and being able to keep it cool is two different things. Between the full B1 and the Cool Twist you will probably end up with slightly better spoolup with the Cool Twist. As far as barking both will bark pretty easily, specially on a manual trans. The flutter you are talking about is what is typically called "surge". Large single turbos are prone to doing that, some more then others. You should be able to adjust your fueling and/or timing to get eliminate most of it.

Paul