Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New Cd Player and Sirius.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:25 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New Cd Player and Sirius.

So for my birthday I got a new cd player for my truck some one must have seen me beating the top of the dash to get cds to load So my new unit has sirius ready and I bought the adapter and the unit to make sirius come though my cd player which is awesome because it gets it off the dash. So my question is were did you guys with these mount the two little boxes and any tips for doing the install will be doing it all when I get my package. Also I think they ordered it thinking I had the infinity system but I am not sure I do I have twitters on the pillar so I would assume that I have the infinity right? if I don't I think the stereo works either way just one wire from what I read that hooks the amps up.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i put the satelite box behind the knee plate on the drivers side wire tied it to that support that runs across behind the plastic just got long wires for it its been there for 3 years now have not had a problem
Old 09-01-2009, 01:54 PM

The tweets in the pillar should be a dead giveaway that it has the Infinity sound system. I've been looking at a similar setup, but was waiting to hear some member feedback first. Good luck with it!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 PM

just curious as to why you have 2 units my setup only has one box which used a changer cable in and back out.?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I am **** wondering that my self but according to crutch field the main box is the sirius box and the adapter is the box that puts the sirius in to sonys language so that on the cd players display it reads like my doc n play does now i have talked tell I am blue in the face with them as to why i needed two boxes so I am at a loss I may send the adapter back when I realize what I thought was right.