Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need turbo recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need turbo recommendation

I currently run a first gen with a 98 p pumped 215 engine. Nv4500 trans. I think I am in the 600hp ballpark now, but the truck is new to me so i am still working out bugs before dynoing.

I am running a Silver Bullet 66 and it may need bearing work. I am thinking of changing to a different turbo, possibly compounds? I don't know if I want to stick with the SB66(rebuilt) or possibly use it as my large piece in a set of compounds.

If I keep it and mate it to another, which one? If I get rid of it, what setup should I go with for the following conditions:

rarely may tow 10,000lbs, remeber I live in a hilly part of the state. I know with the 66 I will have to keep it spooled to control heat.

possibly will see the 1/4 mile a few times for fun.

occasionally drive it, not a daily driver.

I would like the quickest spoolup I can get on somewhat of a budget. Keep in mind the 5 spd, spooling up 5 times.

I just want something that is super fast off the line as much as can be expected from a manual trans.

I cannot give in depth details yet as to the exact setup I have. Definitely fuel very heavy until spoolup. I will in the near future find out what DVs,injectors etc. I have. It stinks not knowing, until I delve in and see for myself.

It is said to have a cam, some head work, and other mods.Until I see for myself I cannot say exactly what though.