Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice

Well I ahve done lots of research on performance mods for the CTD and wanted to get some advice on what I am kicking around for ideas. I have the Edge Comp in my truck, I know if I run it on the higher levels my tranny won't last any longer than I can throw it. So I was going to upgrade with the high performance tranny from ATS here in CO. I know it seems like over kill, so heres the rest. I want to run big power, I want to have a HOT street truck and keep it my daily driver. Want to run descent 1/4 mile times, but not as a striaght drag truck. Just for fun. So I was lookin to swap in a hybrid HX40/HX35 trubo. Then some bigger injectors. I feel that those mods and the Comp will let me throw down some big power. Now I was wondering what you guys think about it? But I am also wondering can I keep my exhaust set up? I have the Banks exhuast with the power elbow minus the muffler. Will it bolt up to the swapped turbo? I also heard that it's better to run a 5" for better flow, so would I have to x what I have now? If I do have to change the exhaust set up I would just do the tranny, and get a j-hook to keep my waste gate shut since I lose soo much power when it blows open too early. And run with that set up till later when I jump to the bigger trubo and new exhaust. Sorry this post is soo long, tried to keep it short and give all the needed info. Thanks for your help.

Nate