Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need a new lift pump, what do I want?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a new lift pump, what do I want?

I need a new lift pump. I currently have a walbro pump from glacier diesel and it gives me nothing but trouble in the winter. I loose fuel pressure but only when the temperature is between 20 and 40 degrees. It also does not do it all the time. I have been chasing this problem for 2 winters and I am fed up. What is the best system and why?
Thanks
Eric
Old 03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Chapter President

When my Holley bites the dust, this WILL be my next pump.

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/pr...pf_id=FB-98502
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have screwed around with relocation kits, Holley pumps i finally bought an Airdog and for the first time i have fuel pressure that does not fluctuate.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Hey badme, have you ever contacted Walbro about your pump issues? They are great people over there, and I know for a fact that they really do use customer feedback. If you contact them with your problems they may want to send you another in exchange for yours, to figure out what's going on with it.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:57 PM

Another vote for the Fuel Boss... I've only had it installed for about a month and have just over 1000 miles with it and love it.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I had the same problem with my Walbro pump. I give them a call and they sent out a new pump. It has been cold here in Canada -30 to - 45 and my pump has been working great. The fuel pressure does move a few pounds from 18 to 21 psi but other than that it has been woring great. Just my 2 cents
Old 03-03-2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Crimedog
Hey badme, have you ever contacted Walbro about your pump issues? They are great people over there, and I know for a fact that they really do use customer feedback. If you contact them with your problems they may want to send you another in exchange for yours, to figure out what's going on with it.
I do not think that the pump it self is my problem. The pump has 105# dead head pressure. The regulator that came with this pump seems to be the problem. I bought a second regulator from Glacier Diesel and it also acted up. I called Richard and he said to take it apart and sand the valve, then he said that he never had a problem with one of these. Sounds like he is lying to me.
I think that I am going to go with the Airdog 150. I just need some help talking me into spending the $499.00.
Thanks
Eric
Old 03-03-2009, 07:13 PM

I live in northern ab I've seen tons of fass pumps up here, even run one on my truck and no one has cold weather problems that i have heard of. ITs gets down to -40 C here, with windchill it was -49 C a few weeks ago. Air dog isn't that popular up here yet, but i do know a few people that have them and they have no issuses ether. The big water sepertaors allow some room for water to freeze and not block the system. We also usually bypass the feul bowl wich eliminates the feul heater.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:07 AM

I have an Airdog, My truck is used 8-10hrs a day and used hard in stop and go city traffic. I had one pump fail (kept blowing fuses) I contacted Pureflow, they sent me a replacement, I had it in my hands in 3days, now thats saying something seeing as it had to clear customs into Canada. Airdog paid shipping both ways I paid NOTHING extra. any pump can and will fail, I'm certain mine was a fluke not the norm, Their customer service is excellent and they backed up their product!!
My pump before it failed had likely 50,000miles on it in about 9months I also calculated it had 1800hrs of use on it. I installed a hr meter Jan 01/09 and already I got 300hrs on my truck, I believe I read somewhere that the pump is rated for 10,000hrs of use.

One of the best investments todate for me,

Just read up on the drawstraw stuff before you decide on the 150 or the 100, if I did it again I would have opted for the 100,with no drawstraw, The 100 is susposed to be good for 500hp
Old 03-04-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by badme
.....I called Richard and he said to take it apart and sand the valve, then he said that he never had a problem with one of these. Sounds like he is lying to me. ...Eric
Bought my Raptor 150 from Richard several months ago. A++ service from both the Raptor and Richard.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:57 AM

I also received excellent customer service on my Fuel Boss order. Richard always either answers the phone or calls back promptly.... even on weekends.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:06 PM

I like my fass, -41.1 Celsius and no issues...
Old 03-04-2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by nickg
I have an Airdog, My truck is used 8-10hrs a day and used hard in stop and go city traffic. I had one pump fail (kept blowing fuses) I contacted Pureflow, they sent me a replacement, I had it in my hands in 3days, now thats saying something seeing as it had to clear customs into Canada. Airdog paid shipping both ways I paid NOTHING extra. any pump can and will fail, I'm certain mine was a fluke not the norm, Their customer service is excellent and they backed up their product!!
My pump before it failed had likely 50,000miles on it in about 9months I also calculated it had 1800hrs of use on it. I installed a hr meter Jan 01/09 and already I got 300hrs on my truck, I believe I read somewhere that the pump is rated for 10,000hrs of use.

One of the best investments todate for me,

Just read up on the drawstraw stuff before you decide on the 150 or the 100, if I did it again I would have opted for the 100,with no drawstraw, The 100 is susposed to be good for 500hp
I have looked all over and I can not find anything about the 150 and the Draw straw. What is the deal with this? Do I have to update to the draw straw with a 150? Will a 100 be ok for me?
Thanks
Eric
Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Crazydave
I have screwed around with relocation kits, Holley pumps i finally bought an Airdog and for the first time i have fuel pressure that does not fluctuate.
All you need for that is a regulator and a return line =P
Big lines help with fp fluctuations too =)
As for the pump- I'd recommended looking at the mechanical options available.

Quick Reply: Need a new lift pump, what do I want?