Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEW CUMMINS

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEW CUMMINS

thinking about buying a new dodge cummins diesel with automatic and how is this new truck,engine and auto trans i see they dont use the new 5 speed auto with the diesel only with gas and can you get more power with a chip and exhaust?i own a superduty and thinking about this new dodge or mabe even the hemi can anyboby give me good info on this vechile?
thanks mike
Old 05-17-2003, 11:52 AM

Re:NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEW CUMMINGS

Never heard of a CumminGs Dodge Automatic.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:35 PM

Re:NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEW CUMMINS

Just giving you a hard time...no malace intended
Old 05-17-2003, 12:40 PM

the new '03 trucks use a Chrysler automatic..it is still a 3spd with overdrive and a lockup Torque Convertor Clutch.<br><br>The Standard output can be purchaced with a 5spd and the automatic<br><br>The HO engine comes with either a 6spd manual or a heavy duty automatic...still made by Chrysler.<br><br>My room mate has a '03 Standard output auto. It drives real nice, but could use some more power. Edge has a box out for it, and DD has injectors.
Old 05-17-2003, 01:21 PM

THANKS GUYS<br>THIS IS THE INFO IM LOOKING FOR IM TRYING TO DECIDE TO SELL MY SUPERDUTY FOR A DODGE OR NOT
Old 05-17-2003, 01:24 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

That is what is called a no-brainer decision.

Trending Topics

Old 05-17-2003, 01:35 PM

HEY MEXSTAN<br>HOW IS THIS A NO-BRAINER decision?<br>iam asking for good info here NOT TO BE INSULTED a man thats smart would understand the kind of questions that im asking this is called DOING MY HOME WORK! not this is a no brainer!!!!!!!!!!<br>if you dont know please dont reply<br>thanks mike
Old 05-17-2003, 01:39 PM

LOOKING AT BRAND NEW GARY<br>BUT WANT TO KNOW IF I BOOST THE POWER TO ABOUT 400 H-P WILL EVERY THING IN THE CUMMINS WAY WILL BE A PROBLEM
Old 05-17-2003, 01:53 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Please do not think anyone is trying to give insults. Many of the members here drive different makes, but I think that most folks around here will agree that dollar for dollar, the Cummins is by far the better power. All nice trucks, but the Dodge is the only one with the Cummins option. For example, my 98 was purchased used with 104000 on the odometer. A year and a half later, all I have had to do is adjust the bands in the tranny. Compared to other power combinations, the cost to maintain is quite good. Look around, and if you get the chance, drive all versions and compare. In a nut shell, would I buy my truck all over again? Yup. My opinion of course.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome nycmikie, 8)<br>Sorry if we got off on the wrong foot. :-[<br>We're a good natured bunch here, and prone to &quot;razz&quot; the Noobies at times. <br><br>You're asking about purchasing a new Cummins powered truck and wanting to know if you boost the output 100+ HP over stock specs will it hold up?<br>Well, the only answer we could give is maybe. <br>It depends on many factors.<br>The way you achieve the added power. (Box?, Injectors?, Both?)<br>The way you drive. (Do you drive cafefully?, tow &quot;heavy?&quot;, stop light racing?, mostly flat ground? mountain terrain?.)<br>Careful attention to maintenance schedules?<br><br>If it doesn't hold up, and you attempt to get repairs covered by Dodge/Cummins, your warranty (as well as would be with Ford, or Chevy), would be void.<br><br>Many factors are required to come to a decision.<br>To me, and the way I drive, It's a &quot;No Brainer&quot;.<br>Cummins Rules. <br><br>Ed
Old 05-17-2003, 04:18 PM

HEY GARY<br>DID YOU TELL YOUR CUMMINS FRIENDS THAT YOU MADE A MISTAKE AND CALLED THE NEW PSD A 5.0 WHEN ITS A 6.0<br>AGAIN! I DID NOT MAKE A BIG DEAL OF THIS BUT SINCE YOU LIKE TO BE A DRAMA QUEEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!<br>NOW LETS PLAY NICE IM HERE TO GET INPUT NOT DO BATTLE CAUSE IF YOU WANT BATTLE I DO IT JUST AS WELL<br>NOW PLAY NICE FOR THE LAST TIME<br>MIKE

Quick Reply: NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEW CUMMINS