Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.
View Poll Results: Is this product idea a good idea and will it sell?
Heck yes it will sell like crazy
76.19%
Heck NO, who cares about mileage
5.95%
I am not sure
14.29%
Other, please explain in the thread
3.57%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Need Input from EVERYONE!!! Please Look!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad, while I'm a 12v guy and this wouldn't apply to me, after talking with many other owners, it seems that more and more are interested in economy, and not the power. I've heard many guys say they are very satisfied with their trucks power at a stock level, just wish it got a little better mileage. These are guys that drive upwards of 30k miles a year. I think you are on the right track.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:59 AM

great idea.
now if it were available for the C/R,that would be even better.

mike
Old 09-02-2007, 11:21 AM

I voted other. I haven't read the other responses so my reply wouldn't be influenced.

I personally would make it a 70hp slash/ mileage box. Put an on/off and a toggle switch for milage miser / 70 hp. Charge the price to reflect both programs if you need to.

My feeling is that most would want both options and be willing to pay a little more to have both.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:32 AM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
I voted other. I haven't read the other responses so my reply would uninfluenced.

I personally would make it a 70hp slash/ mileage box. Put an on/off and a toggle switch for milage miser / 70 hp. Charge the price to reflect both programs if you need to.

My feeling is that most would want both options and be willing to pay a little more to have both.
But Quadzilla all ready builds what you're looking for. Look into the XZT+. It's what I'm running. And i love it. Tunes are even downloadable via a USB.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by JPR Ram
But Quadzilla all ready builds what you're looking for. Look into the XZT+. It's what I'm running. And i love it. Tunes are even downloadable via a USB.
I'm not looking for it, I'm just trying to help him on his product developement. Just makes sense to have the power option with the fuel saver. If he already has this on the XZT, then why is he saying this fuel saver program can be upgraded for a fee via modem upload? If he's already got it, then I'd personally leave it alone. You never know though, there may be a milage only market. I guess that is why he is asking.

I am, however, interested in the race box. I will either be following the beta progress or participating in it.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:40 PM

Its not free to upgrade it.

Lets just pretend this mileage box was going to be $199. You buy it and like it but, now you want this option to have another level and 70hp. Right now that costs $399 for the XZT+. You have already spent $199 for the mileage box. The download would cost $200 and bam you are good to go.

No difference in the end. Just a lower cost of entry and an option for those that only want mileage to not have to spend the extra money. Extra money is hard to make up when you only want fuel mileage. Now the higher cost is easily justified if you can gain mileage and have the option for a good gain in power. You are getting 2 things there.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Its not free to upgrade it.

Lets just pretend this mileage box was going to be $199. You buy it and like it but, now you want this option to have another level and 70hp. Right now that costs $399 for the XZT+. You have already spent $199 for the mileage box. The download would cost $200 and bam you are good to go.

No difference in the end. Just a lower cost of entry and an option for those that only want mileage to not have to spend the extra money. Extra money is hard to make up when you only want fuel mileage. Now the higher cost is easily justified if you can gain mileage and have the option for a good gain in power. You are getting 2 things there.
No, I knew there was a price for the upgrade (I read your original post, just not the ones in between), and since it is significant, I'd say yes, there should be a market for the fuel saver box only.

Quad, will the race box have a fuel saver mode? 'Course, I'm not sure what kind of milage you can get out of 220hp injectors anyway.....It's too cumbersome to go into the Smarty's fuel saver since you can't flip a switch or push a button to get out of it if a challenge presents itself.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:37 PM

Yes, the Race box has this setting.

I will also have some special downloads that stop the overfueling of injectors for economy purposes. You should be able to run those 220's with not a whole lot of smoke on these special tunes. Of curse power will suffer in the economy levels because of this but, it will be very drivable and with the push of a button you are back in business.

All of the injectors guys should be endorsing me shortly!!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Banned

WE NEED SOMETHING FOR THE 6.7's. PLEASE HURRY. TOWING PURPOSES, I sent a email a while back and you guys said 6 more months.. Thats to long in my opionon, but im holding out!!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 02:22 PM

We like to test stuff a little loger than a few weeks before we call it good.

A new 6.7L truck is likely a $50K vehicle. I want to know that when I release something it is perfect and does not have tons of problems. I want to make sure you are not replacing a $5K DPF in 6 week or 6 months.

Evidentally we are the only ones that feel like this because they are releasing stuff pretty fast. I am not in a hurry. I don't care about being first. I want to be the first to do it RIGHT!
Old 09-02-2007, 02:53 PM

I would buy one!!! I just traded my 1999 for a 2007 5.9 Megacab. I never chipped my old truck, and will not chip my new truck for performance. My old truck was great and I got 160,000 miles out of the transmission (still going for someone else). When cleaning out the glove box I found an old mileage log, I was filling the truck up for $26.00 in 1998 and 1999, $.90 per gallon!!!! In the nine years I owned the truck it was NEVER in the shop. My only problems were a turbo senser in 2003 and the transmission sensers in 2007. I think a huge reason I got so many trouble free miles was my resisting all of the hp products. At todays diesel prices I would install a "mileage only chip". At $199 I would buy one today!!
Old 09-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned

We like to test stuff a little loger than a few weeks before we call it good.

A new 6.7L truck is likely a $50K vehicle. I want to know that when I release something it is perfect and does not have tons of problems. I want to make sure you are not replacing a $5K DPF in 6 week or 6 months.

Evidentally we are the only ones that feel like this because they are releasing stuff pretty fast. I am not in a hurry. I don't care about being first. I want to be the first to do it RIGHT!
I WILL BE THE FIRST ORDER

Thats exactly why im holding out for you guys!!! I really dont care about the HP mods either, im a hotshotter so im looking for a little more low end grunt and most of all better mpg!!!!! When do you guys think how much longer it will be before you guys release ur products for the 6.7??? Also will it leave any footprints or void warrenty????? i guess that is the same question
Old 09-02-2007, 11:09 PM

I don't care about being first. I want to be the first to do it RIGHT!

.....and this is the reason I will continue to buy Quadzilla products. It's getting harder and harder to find companies that care about their customers, care about their products and care about customer service (before and AFTER the sale).
Old 09-03-2007, 08:37 AM

Yes, the Race box has this setting.

I will also have some special downloads that stop the overfueling of injectors for economy purposes. You should be able to run those 220's with not a whole lot of smoke on these special tunes. Of curse power will suffer in the economy levels because of this but, it will be very drivable and with the push of a button you are back in business.

All of the injectors guys should be endorsing me shortly!!!!!
That's what I'm talkin' about! Push of a button, and the power is back. It is sounding really good.