Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need Help With Turbo Install Asap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see that you have the big line kit what kind of fuel pump do you have and what is your fuel psi at rest and under load?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got the carter pump i think. at idle i see 14-16 psi and at wot 9-10 psi so i dont think that should be a problem.

Im about ready to shoot somebody i cant take the incompatence any more!!!! i just went to install my studs and there only 15 in the box!!! wat @#$%%$&^ moron sends a guy only 15 studs???????? i need 26 dont I??? every place is closed today so i cant even call them and tell them how upset i am !!!!!!!!

how do any of these companys even stay in buisness with service like this????? now all i need is my transmision to explode!!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by schoust
Hmm hey J are you sure that this turbo becomes inefficiant after 45psi? I was talking to the guy over at Htt and mentioned that my turbo would hit 50psi with ease with the pump turned up and I can tell you I did back it down a bit to 45 because of the heat down low and it feels like I lost power for sure..
At 45psi the drive pressure is closer to 1:1 ratio. I adjusted my wastegate & noticed that it spooled better & heat went down at wot, but the power still feels like it is there. I'm sure that if I tested it on a dyno that I lost a few hp, but now I have less heat & more usable power because I don't have to watch the pyro...just bottom out the go pedal & hang on. I would like to hook up a gauge to test my drive pressures with both settings though to be sure, but it does feel better. Did you notice a faster spoolup after the adjustment?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by muddin_mavric
well i put it on with the pipe dope and it looks like it might have a slow leak. but not much at all. i have tomarow off and nothing else to do except put in head studs and watch the packer game so i could not just leave it sit there in the box.

so far i just warmed it up and took it easy not more than 10 psi / 900 degs. now im letting it cool off for 30-45 minutes and then im gona go put the hammer down! so far im very impressed. its just to bad they dont know how to tap a hole
Go Pack! 14-9 closing in on halftime.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by J Lent
At 45psi the drive pressure is closer to 1:1 ratio. I adjusted my wastegate & noticed that it spooled better & heat went down at wot, but the power still feels like it is there. I'm sure that if I tested it on a dyno that I lost a few hp, but now I have less heat & more usable power because I don't have to watch the pyro...just bottom out the go pedal & hang on. I would like to hook up a gauge to test my drive pressures with both settings though to be sure, but it does feel better. Did you notice a faster spoolup after the adjustment?
Keep in mind that even down at 40psi, you're still running 4:1 PR on a single charger. VERY few turbos are on the map at 4:1, and almost all of them are BIG turbos.

The map for the S362 stops at a PR of 3.8.

I'd say to keep the turbo under 40psi, but that's just me.. Obviously, real world results trump compressor maps and theories and "paper" stuff.