Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.
View Poll Results: What brand of gauges are the best?
Autometer
37.93%
DiPricol
10.34%
ISSPRO
51.72%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Need help choosing gauges!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help choosing gauges!

So I've got the itch to start BOMBing this truck but I WILL NOT touch the P-pump until I get a set of gauges.

My question is what brand? I found a set of Isspros that I really like but how are the Isspro gauges for quality, accuracy and reliability? Everyone else around here runs Autometer and I trust the quality of Autometer gauges but I don't generally like the price...
Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 AM

We got our Isspros from Diesel Manor. Came with a great set of instuctions and everything we needed. (except little stuff like teflon tape ect.)
Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a set of Isspros on my first truck, loved them. Not one single issue with the install or function. As far as accuracy, don't know, I mean other than hooking up another gauge to test......?

I have Di-Pricols now and also like them. It was a toss up between them and the Isspors last on my old truck. Back then the Di-Pricol pyro was hideous, had a big blur in the middle of it, hence the reason I went with the Isspros.

The make a integrated turbo timer too.

I have had good luck with www.dieselmanor.com or you could contact Lary here at the DTR store and see what he can do as far as price.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:03 PM

I've used nothin but Isspro's except 1 set of auto's a customer wanted, and i like the way they light up, match dash well, and seem to be very responsive and accurate.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:39 PM

i had an autometer pyro (phantom style) a few years ago and i liked how it never glared. during daytime i can see glare/reflections in my isspro's, and ive had dipricol's too and they glared as well.

i think they are all good gauges....go with what you think looks best.

and i agree with P.J., the dipricol EGT gauge had a hideous blur in the middle...it just didnt look right.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM

I like the Autometers and have used them in every vehicle I have ever owned. They are a bit pricey, but I trust them. I have never tried any of the others so I can not say how they are, but alot of guys are running the others and seem to like them. it boils down to what you want to spend and which ones you like the looks of. Just my $.02
Joe
Old 08-31-2007, 06:31 PM

I was gonna go with the Autometer Phantom II's mainly cause I liked the way they looked, but I really didn't care to spend that much on gauges. I just got a set of Isspro's yesterday (white face with blue numbers and pointers) and hopefully will get them in this weekend. If you decide to go with Isspro's, check out Vulcanperformance.com, thats where I got mine. You can't beat the price (under $300 for boost,egt, and fp, with a pod) and they come with everything you need, even an isolator for the fp gauge.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM

If you need a rail pressure guage, Dipricol is has one, Autometer does not. I use Diesel Manor, great service.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, guages are something where you have to decide what you want to accomplish.

If you want "close enough" accuracy, then just pick Pricol, Isspro, or Autometer based on cosmetics.

If you want higher precision, something that you can tune with, then you're going to have to spend some coin on high-precision gauges, like those from PLX devices or SPA technique.

The PLXs can data log, while the SPAs can just show the peak value-- almost as good.

jmo
Old 08-31-2007, 07:24 PM

I've seen a lot of folks use Autometer in cars and seems like Isspro is popular in the diesel truck crowd...how about Stewart Warner, any info in regards to their gauges?

Hohn, SPA is a good company, we used to use those on some of the touring cars, but with stand alone DAQ they fell by the wayside to STACK, MOTEC, and now more recently AiM. Tell me about the PLX...

I'm also going to do gauges soon so this is a helpful thread, thanks