Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need Help Asap!!!!!!!!! No Boost!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 01:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need Help Asap!!!!!!!!! No Boost!!!!!!!

i just got done installing a banks powerpac kit. and it will not create any boost at all. as soon as the truck hits 2,000 rpms it cuts out and runs rough. at the 2,000 rpm mark it runs like a gas carburated car does when its missing on a cyl or two.

the boost gauge won't even move and the turbo won't kick in. i need help ASAP as i am suppose to be leaving tomm for a 2,500 mile vacation.

please help. its 1:30 am and i was supposed to leave at 10am.

any help would be great. the truck starts up and idels fine and doesn't miss or anything or run rough until u hit 2,000 rpm.

thanks,
joe
Old 12-17-2006, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
waste gate adjusted?
Old 12-17-2006, 01:54 AM

how do u adjust it?? it doesn't say nothing in the banks instructions about adjusting it at all!!!!!!!!! we just put the new housing on and that was it. so does it need to be adjusted?? i hope its something that simple.

the turbo spins freely.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:04 AM

What all was in the banks power kit?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:07 AM

twin ram intake and down tube
new ottomind / fuel plate
turbo housing with the big head wastegate
boost/ pyro/ trans gauges
Old 12-17-2006, 02:10 AM

i already had the big exhaust so didn't need that from them. also didn't want the K&N filters.

anyone have any idea?? i started this at 10 am yesterday morning and finally got done and started it up 1:30 this morning and now am having this problem.

thanks,
joe
Old 12-17-2006, 02:13 AM

Isn't the big head adjustable? I don't know much about that. Also, since you got a new fuel plate make sure that the boost line from the intake to the AFC housing (cover for fuel plate) is in tact with no leaks or anything. Without boost to that housing, your fuel and boost will be limited. What's an ottomind?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:17 AM

http://store.bankspower.com/Categori...e-be687c03dc81

this will show u everything that was in the kit.

the rod for the big head is threaded and stuff. but how would i go about adjusting it?? it doesn't say anything in the manual on how to do it.

i will have to check that line from the fuel plate cover. maybe that could have gotten broken. if it is could that cause no boost at all or the turbo to even move at all??

thanks
Old 12-17-2006, 02:30 AM

I looked at the package. My boost line to the AFC came undone before. It just accelerated slowly (lack of fuel), but it still had a max of 20 psi with my setup once I got going. I don't really know what the problem is for you. Just make sure everything was reconnected such as all boost lines and intake tubes and whatever. How do you now it's not spinning at all? Did you have it idling without the intake so you could see the turbo? How fast does it accelerate up o 2K RPM as you said? If you really have no boost, it would accelerate VERY slowly.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:34 AM

the boost gauge won't even move at all and i can't even hear the turbo whine at all either. as when it kicks in i can hear it everytime. it will accelerate kinda ok. if i hit the gas more or floor it. it just seems to flat line or dog up some speed. all boost tube clampst are tight. the intake manifold bolts were all torqued.

thanks
Old 12-17-2006, 02:46 AM

Just to be sure, there is a seal where the compressor outlet of the turbo bolts to the tubing going to the intercooler. There should be a little orange or red colored o-ring on that. make sure you put that back when you clamped it back. It sounds to me like the wastegate is stuck open if the turbo spins freely by hand. Just adjust the wastegate until you start making progress. Loosen the nut up that keeps the wastegate actuator rod from spinning(if it has one), and spin that rod farther down into the wastegate actuator. That should be upping the boost. Did you just put the gauges in, or did you already have gauges? If you just put them in, you may have mashed a ferrel that clamps onto the line too far. But with the truck running bad, it sounds like you really dont have any boost. Good luck

Eric
Old 12-17-2006, 02:53 AM

the o-ring should still be there. i will double check though. but we took the stuff off and put it on the new piece instantly.

yes the turbo does spin freely with no problems by hand.

i will adjust that rod and see what happens.

yes there is no boost at all. the turbo won't even whine at all or make any sounds. i just installed the gauges also.

so turn the rod so that it goes into the wastegate. how far should i go or when should i know i am done adjusting it??

hopefully thats all that is needed.

thanks,
joe
Old 12-17-2006, 12:23 PM

It shouldnt hurt anything to go pretty far with turning the rod. I would tighten it up as much as I could without it having too much tension on it.

Eric
Old 12-17-2006, 12:23 PM

anyone have any ideas?? i really need to be hitting the road. i adjusted the rod so it was 3 complete turns longer and it did nothing. i turned it out 6 complete turns and still nothing. the turbo does spin when u rev it up now. u can hear it wine up. but still no boost at all. the gauge doesn't even flicker at all. the turbo doesn't spool like it should. as for that o-ring we looked on the old housing and there is nothing there.

please someone help. i was already supposed to be on the road.

thanks,
joe
Old 12-17-2006, 12:25 PM

i tried shortening the rod 3 complete turns from were it originally was at. and we couldn't get it back on.

do i need to shorten it or lengthin it? how it came from banks its longer than the stock one on my truck.

thanks,
joe

Quick Reply: Need Help Asap!!!!!!!!! No Boost!!!!!!!