Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Need exhaust upgrade w/ Edge Juice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need exhaust upgrade w/ Edge Juice?

Looking to install the Edge Juice w/ Attitude on my 01 4x4 5-Speed (non-HO). I don't currently have gauges and am worried that with 65K miles my lift pump is probably getting ready to go out, so this should kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I have read that the juice will back down for EGT's, fuel pressure and boost. Has anyone run the system with a stock intake and exhaust? Just wondering if I can get the juice on there now to monitor fuel pressure and tackle the other stuff later. I would guess that I could run in stock mode for sure and I am guessing up to about level 3 without any back down issues. I know that all would change when working it hard or towing.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Banned

Yeah your exhaust will be fine.....it'll flow plenty for what you are wanting to do. If you want it to flow a little better, just cut out the muffler and put in a straight pipe.

Also you can modify your stock air box by cutting some holes in the bottom of it to get some more air flowing. It's simple to do and doesn't cost a penny!!

And going with the Juice is a wise decision especially since you don't have gauges yet......like you said 2 birds with one stone!!

~Nick
Old 11-23-2006, 12:16 AM

I just got done putting a flatbed on and the stock exhaust is definately on the list for replacement. The pipe all looks good, but the clamps are almost unrecognizable for the rust. Thanks Dodge for taking the effort on the pipe and dropping the ball on everything else!

I think my best money spent at the moment is the juice and the intake and exhaust later. I have heard rumors that the stock box will flow enough for 500 HP w/o being the restriction. Is that fact or fiction? What should be the next purchase after the juice? I would like to add an exhaust brake down the road, is there anything I need to think about when replacing the exhaust?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2006, 02:17 PM

I did my dyno run with the stock box with the rubber boot removed, so 500 doesn't seem unreasonable.