Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

need advice on next mod...EZ or Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need advice on next mod...EZ or Injectors

OK, i got my fuel delivery under control...trans. will be updated shortly SO...see my sig'..i got a nice fueling box..question is, would my next step be an EZ for timing or injectors? I probably will not do EDM's, i think they r awesome but i can get DDII's used and reasonable, these would be my inj. choice if i go that route...i want more power obviously but I want safe power too, "I am worried too much fuel w/ no timing adjustments" or maybe I am wrong there, please advise..
Old 02-09-2004, 07:45 AM

gee whiz, did i stump everyone?
Old 02-09-2004, 09:41 AM

I’ll take a stab at it. This will all depend on where you want to end up HP wise. There will also be a point you will have to think about air delivery (this will depend on how much fueling you end up with). Here is a good place to help you plan for that. http://www.piersdiesel.com/DodgeTurbos.htm
As far as timing is concerned you can look at one of the tuners, they mess with the timing. I have the Superchips Tuner and have talked with them, and they said they changed the timing. You might ask around and see if anyone has stacked your box with any of the other tuners first, because not all boxes will stack together. I know the EZ and Superchips stack. Do a search on stacking there should be some info on this. I know it has been discussed in the past. The reason I recommend the tuners is I think your box already has a boost fooler and no need to by a box with another one if all you want is timing. Some can correct me if I’m wrong here.
Hope this helps.