Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

necessary gauges

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't have a low FP warning doohickey plumbed into my rig-- I just monitor the gauge.

Yes, you can also use a 2-guage pod-- with this FP setup, the tweeter slot becomes another gauge pod (assuming you don't need the tweeter mount).

As far as plumbing it to the engine, there are a number of ways to do it. There's the tapped Fuel Filter housing lid from Genos, which has a port on top. There are also the FP fittings incorporated into many big fuel line kits. I have a big line kit that has a large fitting with a guage port on the side.

The BEST way to plumb it, imo is into the gauge port of a bypass FP regulator.

Use a regulator like this:
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...10002_60240_-1

..and you will have unflinching steady FP and a place to plumb your FP gauge.

Why spend big money on a FP guage, when a regulator is a much better investment??
Old 06-28-2007, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I would also recommed the Vulcan big line kit. It has a good connection point built into the hose between the FF & VP. This kit enlarges the fuel line & moves the LP back by the tank, where God intended. It also gets rid of several banjo bolts, which everyone here seems to hate. This elininates any constraint points in the stock line, even for a stock motor..
The only other mod I have is a K&N drop in filter.
Eventually 4" exhast after this exhast wears out. Maybe a step up on Turbo, when that wears out. I have no need for more power. This beast hauls everything I want, as fast as I want.
I suspect I am in the minority on this site, in that regard.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by HOHN
I don't have a low FP warning doohickey plumbed into my rig-- I just monitor the gauge.

Yes, you can also use a 2-guage pod-- with this FP setup, the tweeter slot becomes another gauge pod (assuming you don't need the tweeter mount).

As far as plumbing it to the engine, there are a number of ways to do it. There's the tapped Fuel Filter housing lid from Genos, which has a port on top. There are also the FP fittings incorporated into many big fuel line kits. I have a big line kit that has a large fitting with a guage port on the side.

The sensor screws into the valve stem thing on the back of the filter and grounds a light below 8psi.

So it sounds like it will work with a billet fuel filter lid. awesome

now just regular grease gun hose from the farm store right?
Old 06-28-2007, 03:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes-- usually sold in either 12" or 18" lengths.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:17 PM

order through vulcanperformance.com, he makes his own fitings and is the cheapest you will find, he even makes his competetors mad because he is so cheap! and they do come with the banjo