Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

n20 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question n20 ?

i know what nos is and how it works once it is injected my ? is is how does the system work. hit the arming switch and as long as ur wot it is spraying? so does this mean at the track it will spray through all the gears when u are wot ? or is it something that u should only arm the system in 4th and 5th gears (my truck is a stick) i dont want it to be spraying while im shifting
i am a big beleiver in that nos is cheating but i was told by a few people that the only way to get rid of bottom end lag from a larger turbo then u need to spray it. i know i will need bigger sticks with my setup i was thinking ddp 140hp is that big enough? i really would like BIG hp #s on fuel only and great 1/4 mile times on fuel only but if this really helps with lag then that would be a sacrifice i would be willing to make even though it seems everyone is using nos and some people will greatly disagree with my ideals of nos i think its more impressive to see huge hp on fuel only but thats just my opinion any help explaining this to me would be great i have never used it and some of the people in town that have it just tell me they dont know anything about it except hit the button but they will give me the number of the shop who put it on
Old 12-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to run nitrous but no longer. I set the system up with an arming switch, WOT switch and a hobbs switch. With a stick, I would do the same thing, just set your hobbs switch close to where your wastegate is set. Example, if your wastegate opens at 40 lbs set the hobbs at 35.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:25 PM

i dont have a wastgate or does that matter did u have urs armed and ready at the tree or did u arm it around the 60ft line half track? why install the hobbs switch is this a safty feature? or just an isurance plan for ur motor? and i think the biggest question is if nitrous is so great and everyone uses it then y in ur experiances did u remove it or just discontinue using it which is better nos, propane, or water-meth?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you running a modified s400? I was ready to go at the tree, full tilt. Hobb switch was an extra safety, didn't want it to come on too soon.

Nitrous was just something to try for me, I like fuel only better.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:36 PM

no still stock turbo i just put a pipe plug in the afc housing where the line goes back to the wastegate i was going to put on a 14cm housing and the upgraded compressor wheel from pdp but someone said that will not be enough turbo if i put in ddp 140hp sticks and lc dv's
do u know anything about what i should set my timing to even with my current setup ive herd everything from 16.5-20 or so
im courious what happens if the nos comes in at say 5-10 psi of boost?