Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Mystery Switch Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Mystery Switch Questions

Iam considering installing a mystery switch and have some questions

- what is propper use when to lock up and unlock the TC
- with switch installed can you configure it so it will work like stock in case you have the wife drive or lend truck to the father inlaw
- are you constantly locking and unlocking TC if in the city
- who uses the 33 ohm resistor and leaves the relay in, and how does it work, does it lock and unlock on its own and at what RPM.
- what type of switch, toggel or rocker, and where did you mount it (any pics)
- do you use an indicator lamp to remind you it is locked

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited by dieselcamp; 08-21-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: I accidently posted before i was done
Old 08-22-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by dieselcamp
Iam considering installing a mystery switch and have some questions

- what is propper use when to lock up and unlock the TC
Best used on the freeway. Lock it once your up in fourth. Keeps it from locking and unlocking all the time and saves fuel, You can use it from a stop but it is very hard on the trany, unless it's built. I also lock it in 3rd to use engine breaking on long downgrades
- with switch installed can you configure it so it will work like stock in case you have the wife drive or lend truck to the father inlaw
Turn the switch off and it works like stock
- are you constantly locking and unlocking TC if in the city
Depends on my mood
- who uses the 33 ohm resistor and leaves the relay in, and how does it work, does it lock and unlock on its own and at what RPM.
I use the 33ohm resistor, Mine throws a code if I run it without, other than the code, I saw no change running with it
- what type of switch, toggel or rocker, and where did you mount it (any pics)
On the steering collum underneith left side. I use a heavy duty push on push off switch. It's what I had.
- do you use an indicator lamp to remind you it is locked
I would recomend it. I don't have one but will add one when I get a chance, You really do forget its on and the truck acts like you need to put in the clutch when you come to a stop with a manual. In the exitement of figuring out what is going on finding the switch and frantically hitting it you can loose your place as to if it's off or on until you do it again

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Thats my 2 cents
Old 08-22-2008, 09:28 AM

I agree with most points above. You do have to be very careful to keep mental note of whether it is locked. If you have to jam on the brakes you need to hit the switch at the same time. I have mine mounted on the floor shifter(full manual) so I dont even have to change my seated position to hit the switch. Mine is a push button which I like over a toggle. I usually hit the switch in second and drive it locked after that. But, mine being full manual I can adust shift intensity with my right foot and still accelerate at WOT locked. If the computer is shifting for you it would be hard to do this and WOT shifts can be nasty with the converter locked.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:50 PM

Thanks Randem Acts that answered al my questions very well. This gives me a reason to hang out in t garage on Saturday.