Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

my quadzilla experience......everyone read me....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as well as having run a problematic box made by this supplier, with no resolution ever reached,
Please state the problem we were not able to resolve.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:04 PM

This is why I like programmers. If it works after the flash then it is good to go. With a box you have more complexity and therefore more to go wrong--did not say more capability or robustness with the performance just a simple fact when you add more electronics to the equation that will go thru thousands of heat cycles the potential for failure is higher. From this I speak from 25 years in military aerospace manufacturing.

Will say that dealing with Quads people direct face to face over the years they have always supported me. The only problems I ever had was keeping the new tunes on my programmer for the Duramax!!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:41 PM

Just so no one gets left out. Here is my offer as stated in multiple other places:

Originally Posted by Qzilla
So, I tell you what. You get a written statement from Brady at II, that states that my box is positively, absolutely 100% the reason your pump went out, and I will pay for your pump replacement.
Based on his first post, this should be easy to obtain.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 PM

get me one that proves absolutely 100%!!!!!! that it wasn't your box that did it and i'll pay for my own pump..... which is what i planned on doing anywayz lol like i said i was just putting my experience out there.....
Old 11-06-2008, 01:50 PM

You just don't get how things work I don't guess.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:08 PM

Alright, Im neutral here. I drive a 12 valve(thank goodness) and i dont deal with quadzilla.

The thing is, when YOU buy a PERFORMANCE BOX for your truck, you better realize what can happen. The VP44's are pretty crappy in the longevity department to put it nicely. And when you tap the wire, i hate to say it, but it is only a matter of time before it will go out.

I put an Edge comp on my buddies truck. We took it for a test drive, and he wanted me to drive it back home. I got on it hard in 3rd, shifted to 4th, stepped on it again, and it died. We coasted off the road and he had a dead injection pump. He didnt complain to Edge, it is a known fact they are weak and when you tap them they are even weaker. I also killed another VP44 in my preachers truck that had an edge comp. I was driving it to my house to do some work on it, and it died.

You cant blame the box manufacturer for a weak factory injection pump. You took the risk in deciding to put the box on there.

Now, its not right for the box itself to burn up, and not get warrantied, but your injection pump went out, not the box, so it sounds to me like it is just tough luck. If quad warrantied every customers injection pump he would be out of business.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Chapter President

The VP44 is a known problem point for these trucks even without a chip or programmer. I have one of the very first Adrenaline boxes that went out for beta testing. I still have it and of course there were some little quirks and such at the beginning. I love the power and response this thing gives my truck, but make no mistake about it. I know that when "I" installed my Quad, I knew I was to be responsible for my trucks impending doom. The trans was the first victim. I will still keep my Adrenaline and always be glad I chose this unit over some of the others. This has been billed in all the publications as one of the most aggressive chips on the market., and so it is. I installed my Adrenaline on a brand new VP44 and I have had no problems after Quad and his staff have addressed all the issues to date.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:31 PM

my box is burned up and jeremy told me when the resister fried it would through the chip into a ground loop and do the same to the injection pump he told me from over the phone that it all sounded exactly the same as some other cases and told me to have it checked out at a shop... i did that and everything in the pump was fine except the electronics in the pump i wouldn't have expected them to take care of it if jeremy hadn't said that they new it was happening.... they did say they would take care of the box (so you know) if i sent it in they would get me a brand new one but if this product has any chance of doing this to me again i dont want it!!! so like i have said im just going off of what jeremy told me.....hey and just a fun fact on their hold music when you call it says "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION"
Old 11-06-2008, 06:49 PM

Don't worry Quad, everyone can see what is going on here.
I think you went above and beyond what you should have.

Just goes to show you even though it wasn't Quads pump, unknown miles, ect. he still offers to replace it if it was the result of a malfunctioning piece.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:57 PM

I have never delt with quad or any of his products but I have read on here a nurmerious times about quad taking care of his customers and there problems with his stuff. I know your not trying to bash him, but you are merly telling your side of the story. Keep in mind that if quad felt in any way that his box was to blame he would indeed take care of it for sure but the fact that he is confident that it was NOT his box should be enough for you. He knows his product better then anyone else and most mechanics blame any problems on after market products first. When some one like quad will suggest other boxes that arent his as well as his to some one that is new to the performance world so they have fair choises says a lot in my book. With that being said I will be trying the ADR with pulse as soon as my poor butt can afford it
Old 11-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss 540
This is why I like programmers. If it works after the flash then it is good to go.
Huh?! Honestly, that statement is almost laughable. It seems you have not seen just how bad some programmers can foul up proprietary ECM software and the like. I have seen some doozies. Programmers are far from immune to causing all sorts of problems that can be difficult/expensive to fix.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by CTD NUT
Huh?! Honestly, that statement is almost laughable. It seems you have not seen just how bad some programmers can foul up proprietary ECM software and the like. I have seen some doozies. Programmers are far from immune to causing all sorts of problems that can be difficult/expensive to fix.

Only because you did not understood what I stated-----try again and this time read it very slowly.... I am speaking about something entirely different not to say that flashing will not cause a problem. Automotive electronics are designed and manufactured just good enough to do the job -----they could be much better but that would drive costs.

I am not going to go into finite detail however, the testing of COTS electronics that are used by the manufacturers are not to the tightest specifications shall we say. When modifications are made by programming the ramifications of which are not completely known as the test articles (vehicles and or computers) used by the programmer manufactures may or may not be nominal relative to the performance specifications at the component level. In short, the qualification testing done by the programmer manufacturer is not as comprehensive as they do not have the resources to perform the testing in the same environment.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:57 PM

Quadzilla is a stand up company and does stand behind their product. I know from experience that given the chance Quad and Co. will do what they say and take responsibility for their products plain and simple. Quadzilla opened up a can of worms even trying to make a race setup for these VP44 trucks and have come up with a module that is head and shoulders above the rest. Its had its fair share of teething problems sure but so has about everything electronic in the world. Look at Dodges 6.7 and the beloved DPF and EGR HELLO! I bet if Quad hears the word "surge" one more time he'll probably cut his wrist, probably wakes up at night screaming SURGE! out of his sleep. This whole "Adrenaline Thread" that has been ongoing on this site has been interesting to say the least, and at times people were pretty relentless at Quad and he handled it better than I would've and in stride.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EBunger
Quadzilla is a stand up company and does stand behind their product. I know from experience that given the chance Quad and Co. will do what they say and take responsibility for their products plain and simple. Quadzilla opened up a can of worms even trying to make a race setup for these VP44 trucks and have come up with a module that is head and shoulders above the rest. Its had its fair share of teething problems sure but so has about everything electronic in the world. Look at Dodges 6.7 and the beloved DPF and EGR HELLO! I bet if Quad hears the word "surge" one more time he'll probably cut his wrist, probably wakes up at night screaming SURGE! out of his sleep. This whole "Adrenaline Thread" that has been ongoing on this site has been interesting to say the least, and at times people were pretty relentless at Quad and he handled it better than I would've and in stride.
Well said. To add to this, lets not forget that the Adrenaline is far more advanced than other products on the market. The more "goodies" you have, the more bugs you'll have in testing. These bugs take time to fix & fixing one bug can alter another. Kinda like "Back to the future", but more years involved in the mess....better yet, "Bill & Ted".
Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 AM

It's funny how no one used to bash Edge when the old Comp boxes would burn up a vp44.
Everyone knew it was crap shoot.
But now you put a wire tap box on a vp44 truck and expect Quad to buy you a new IP? If that works out for you let me know, cause I will be getting an Adrenaline box just for the free IP.

(I don't know or care what caused your IP to fail...but it seems pretty unreasable for you to want quad to pay for an IP that had a wire tap box on it)

Quick Reply: my quadzilla experience......everyone read me....