Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

my quadzilla experience......everyone read me....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down my quadzilla experience......everyone read me....

well i have been wanting to post this up but time is all used up these days... here it goes.... i had the adrenalin on my truck the day they where out and loved it i ran it on my truck for awhile and had none of the issues anyone else was having i loved the power it made and was way happy with the product... then out of nowhere my box fried.. i called quad and talked to justin and he had a new box in my truck before the day was over...i loved it i was so happy with quad and had nothing but good stuff to say. i ran the box for quite awhile with no issues and loved it.. 3 weeks ago i went down deer hunting and took my camper and trailer with wheelers on it and was enjoying my weekend... i went out for a drive at night and went spotlighting and driving around... i was driving down the road and out of nowhere my truck just died i coasted to a stop and put it in park and tried to start it a few times and it wouldn't do anything and the check engine light was on..got out and popped the hood and could smell burnt electronics.. so i just figured the chip burned up again yeah right ha ha ha i pulled the box out and put all connections back to stock and still no start hooked the box back up and tried again... nothin.... so we walked 3 1/2 miles back to camp and had to be towed back to camp by a chevy just kidding lol and tried working on it in the morning and still nothing so after hell and 336 dollars in fuel in my brother in laws dodge got the camper home wheelers and truck back home and checked codes and had a couple injection pump codes so i pulled it out and called quadzilla... i talked to jeremy and he told me there was a problem where the resister in the box would blow and put the chip and injection pump into a ground loop circuit and not only had it happened to more than me but that it had happened to their shop truck.... he told me that if things checked out they would take care of me and get my truck back on the road... i had it tested at a local shop and everything in the pump was fine except the brain on the injection pump was fried and the fuel solenoid was burned up and they pulled a bunch of death codes all having to do with a mis-communication with the pump and ecm ( i don't have all the details and codes but i can get them if someone wants them) i told jeremy and he said he would talk to quad and get back to me the next day... so i told the shop to go ahead and get the pump ready and call quad and talk to them and get things arranged.... now the even funner part the next day i tried to get ahold of jeremy after he hadn't called me back and he was not in the office and neither was quad left messages.. next day i was anxious called a bunch of times and sat on hold forever and left a bunch of messages still nothing... next day same thing and finally jeremy called the next day after i left a few more messages and said quad was not going to do anything for me and to top it off changed his entire story ... said he never said anything about anything lol and told me that i was wrong also said that even though the shop said it was most likely the chip that blew up my inj pump and even though he told me there was a problem they new about that caused the inj pump to fail the same way that there was nothing they could do about it....he told me it could have been a voltage spike from my alternator then he said it could have been a voltage spike from my ecm that caused the chip and inj pump to fry... well the alt is new and thats why there is a big fuse inline and the ecm is fine... my prob is my truck is now broken and it is not my fault in any way...
just so everyone knows I DID NOT GET ON HERE TO BASH OR MAKE ANYONE LOOK BAD I WANT EVERYONE THAT NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE WITH QUADZILLA AS A COMPANY AND WITH THEIR PRODUCT TO KNOW WHAT I HAVE GONE THROUGH I AM SORRY IT IS SO LONG BUT THIS IS THE SHORT VERSION AND I WANTED TO MAKE SURE AS MANY DETAILS AS POSSIBLE WHERE IN THIS POST... I DONT FEEL LIKE I WAS TREATED VERY FAIRLY AND I FEEL LIKE PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT!!!!!
please feel free to comment or ask any questions
thanks everyone for reading this.....
Old 11-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Banned

seems to be getting rather common lately with the adrenalines.. that is a shame too. their customer service in the begining was GREAT.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:07 AM

so are you going to get a new pump and keep using the adrenaline in your quest for 11s?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:46 AM

Just so you know there is always 2 sides to a story.

I spoke with Brady from II about 4 days ago about this pump. Brady told me the pump has a tremendous amount of miles on it and he does not feel the box has anything to do with it.

I have warranted pumps in the past if I new, and had confirmation we had an issue. Brady told me straight up and down, this is not something I need to worry with.

Then to top it off, this guy calls in and Mother F's my employees, calls me names and act like a jerk in general. His story has changed multiple times and in general the guy is hard to deal with.

I have every conversation recorded, including the one with II.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:48 AM

Just FYI, everyone needs to be running the upgraded tunes from the website. This is going to be a mandatory update.

Once it is mandatory, melted box will not be warrantied. The software cures the issue 100%, and some people still choose not to run it.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:58 AM

sorry man , i was all gun hoe to get a quadzilla and just never had time /money to set aside for one, im hearing ALOT if dissapointing things , so now im looking at other products , thanks for your story
Old 11-06-2008, 11:18 AM

nope i am returning my adrenalin box... thanks to justin at laguna speed shop he told me even though its been quite awhile since i bought it that he would be happy to take it back and get me another product (quad told me no way would they take care of the return)
Old 11-06-2008, 11:37 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Having heard both sides of the story, and knowing that the truth is the third side to any story ( residing somewhere in the middle ), as well as having run a problematic box made by this supplier, with no resolution ever reached, I would avoid these products.
I do believe that the product could be very good, however, much more testing is needed before release, to avoid the problems that people have with the product as it stands. The consumer/end user should not be the guinea pig for possible problems.
I realise that in every product, there is a margin for error, which most companies try to slim down as much as possible. However, testing something to death, to make sure that the margin is almost gone, is better than throwing the products out there, and having things blow up in your face. Then try to save face after the fact.

Car companies, especially north american makes, have been getting away with releasing less-that-stellar products for years, with no repercussions, due to warranty coverage and denial thereof, and we see where that has gotten them. Among other problems of course.

As aftermarket producers and suppliers, lets not fall into the same trap.

Good luck in future endeavours
Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'Emoney-SRT' - Any response to Quad explanation??
I had heard about this happening one other time.... many months ago, but all of the cooked resistors I know of, did not have your scenario.
They all restarted after unhooking all the Adrenaline connections.
When my boxed smoked, it was too hot to hold in my hand. I felt the wires (worrying about the ECM) and they were cool to the touch. Problem seemed contained in the box itself.

Originally Posted by Pind
... much more testing is needed before release, to avoid the problems that people have with the product as it stands. The consumer/end user should not be the guinea pig for possible problems.
This product has been in Beta testing for over a year. I believe 'Emoney-SRT' was one of those testers...as am I. I have had my share of frustrations during the development of the Adrenaline.... but feel I need to look in the mirror for whose responsible, when I sometimes forget that I asked to be in on the ground floor.

RJ
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Emoneysrt-6
nope i am returning my adrenalin box... thanks to justin at laguna speed shop he told me even though its been quite awhile since i bought it that he would be happy to take it back and get me another product (quad told me no way would they take care of the return)
We offered to replace with a brand new unit. You were told we couldnot refund your money if you sent it directly to us because you did not buy it from us.

How I can refund money I did not take?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Chapter President

I know i have done my fair share of bashing Quad, but now i am a happy customer. They have been workin their rears off trying to fix the problems of the AD. So far they have.
My truck would surge so bad i had to turn off the box. Quad sent me a test box and it fixed the problem. The new updates seem to have fixed any outstanding issues with the AD too.
If II said the AD wasn't the cause of the VP failure i would have believe them. Why wouldn't you? They have nothing to gain by lying. They're gonna get paid either way.
We all know that tapping the wire on our trucks is a crap shoot. Some last years, some last minutes. It's a gamble we all take when we tap the wire.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:57 AM

thats what happened the first time it fried i unhooked it and it started fine... and to what quad said i would love him to put my illegally recorded phone conversations on the net so everyone can hear them i've never even got the pleasure of talking to quad himself.... i didn't do what he said and even though i was leaving the other parties involved in this situation out of it quad can go ahead and say what he wants i was in the shop when my pump was being tested and the guy doing the testing didn't say anything but my electronics in my pump where all bad and that his opinion was that the chip fried my inj. pump.... and im curious how quad came to the conclusion that my pump had a tremendous amount of miles on it??? i am returning my chip to justin at laguna speed shop for a refund thank god for that!!!!and will never even think of running anything of quads on my truck ever again!!! thanks....
Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM

no sorry i wasn't a beta tester.... but i have had the box since its release. and besides the 2 times my box died i also have been very happy with the power the chip makes!!! and when justin was still around i was way happy with their customer service... but i guess things may have just changed???
Old 11-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Chapter President

I would request a written failure report from II about your pump.
I'm not a Beta tester either, but i inadvertently became one.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:09 PM

quad can go ahead and say what he wants i was in the shop when my pump was being tested and the guy doing the testing didn't say anything but my electronics in my pump where all bad
This I agree with. the PSG is what they are referring to and on 99.9% of all pumps that die, this has to be replaced.

Let me give you an example. I had one of our trucks get a new pump that we bought from II. The truck had its original pump on it, which is still good but, we wanted to replace it with a fresh one because we are doing some testing at a different level than we have ever done. Stuff like manual controlling the pump with ECU inputs.

Anyhow, I had a buddy of mine install a brand new pump on the truck. There is not 1 piece of electronics on the truck. He did not get the key way inserted all the way into the gear and about 80 miles later it came out, welded the shaft to the gear and destroyed the pump. When this happened a part broke off inside the pump.

Now, this was a 100% mechanical failure.

I had to buy a new PSG for it. Why? Who knows, they just break when everything else does????

So I agrees, the PSG could be shot, but, not because the box did it. IF the box had shorted the pump and hurt it, all the wires connecting the PSG to the pump controller connector would have been fried, and melted. I know, I have seen it. I also paid for that pump.

Quick Reply: my quadzilla experience......everyone read me....