Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

My next performance step? lil over 400 now

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My next performance step? lil over 400 now

Yall can see my sig it is up to date. My EGT's are still controllable, and turbo runs 39 lbs through the gears and it is factory Wasted at 50 lbs. I can hit 50 if I hit WOT at around 100 mph or so. Im just curious will delivery valves be a good step, or bigger injectors? I guess what I want to know is what do I do now to get the biggest power gain? Don't want to go twins though. thanks
Old 10-31-2008, 02:58 PM

sounds like some 191 or 022's if you want way more fuel. Do you have studs???

Seems like the 191's would be a good jump if you want "some" more hp but the 022's from what I hear at least throw some fuel at the injectors. Seems like your injectors would be running low on fuel b/c your dv's. JMO sounds fun though!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:39 PM

no studs, I have a stock gasket and bolts but it's all new. I had a Head Gasket leak between #5 and #6 about 25,000 miles ago and wanted to stud it then, but I had to buy a new head and ran out of money. I was hoping that with the turbo opening at 50 lbs and not having the restrictive exhaust housing of the HX-35 maybe I could squeeze a little more out of the truck. But I know I'm close to my limits with no studs and a single turbo. I figured if I'm running 39 psi through the gears I could get quite a bit more HP before I was hitting 48 or so through the gears. Oh and my timing has never been advanced, so I'm guessing that's a plus as far as heat and pressure on the head. But anyway do ya think I can keep DV's cool enough? Oh and silly question, but what DV's are in my 215 pump, they are stock.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by rootremblay
Oh and silly question, but what DV's are in my 215 pump, they are stock.
181 DVs are the Delivery Valves in the 180 and 215 pumps.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:49 PM

I cant see you having issues with running a little more than 39 lbs of boost especially with that decent size turbo.... i would let it go to 45-50lbs. a 64/14 moves alot cooler more dense air than a hx35.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:15 PM

so what do you guys think, little bigger DV's or a more aggressive injector. with either of the two upgrades alone can I get up to the peak potential of the turbo. Oh and another question off topic, is it normal to get harder fueling with a full tank of fuel? I get like 2 lbs more boost between empty and full, anyone else sen this happen.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:03 AM

Put some 191's, or .022's in it, and i think you will like it a lot better.

What are your wide open EGT's right now?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:45 AM

from a stop no pre-boost WOT run it'll hit 1200 about 70mph or so, my gauge stops at 1500. And I have seen 1500 but it always seems to fall instantly when my foot lets off the pedal. My sensor is pre-turbo back side of manifold also. On highway pullin my boat ( 22 foot john-boat ) so not real heavy cruisin 75 it'll run around 1,000. But I haven't gotten into winter yet with the new mod's ( injectors, GSK ) so keep in mind that's minimum 75 degrees outside mostly 80-90 ( i live in Florida ). Empty I can cruise 90 at 1,000 max degrees. Is that too bad to add more fuel?
Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

so what do you guys think, little bigger DV's or a more aggressive injector.
What injectors are you running now ? What are the specs on them ?

My truck is putting down around the same HP/TQ as yours and I'm searching for my next power upgrade as well.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 AM

they are considered 90 HP injectors, South East Power Systems does them here in Florida ( they have a site SOUTHEASTPOWER.com I believe ) if you wanna see for sure, it's the biggest they do for 12 valves. Yeah your numbers a real close, but I had 215's in for injectors when I ran last not the 90 HP's, and I didn't have my GSK. Everyone Iv'e spoken to says I probably around 420 now ( but you know how that goes ). Anyway Ill keep in touch and whichever one of us takes a step first maybe we can help the other.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 AM

Arrow

they are considered 90 HP injectors, South East Power Systems does them here in Florida ( they have a site SOUTHEASTPOWER.com I believe ) if you wanna see for sure, it's the biggest they do for 12 valves. Yeah your numbers a real close, but I had 215's in for injectors when I ran last not the 90 HP's, and I didn't have my GSK. Everyone Iv'e spoken to says I probably around 420 now ( but you know how that goes ). Anyway Ill keep in touch and whichever one of us takes a step first maybe we can help the other.
Roger that.

How big a difference did you notice after installing the 90s ?

I'm looking for a chart that compares parts. Like Injector, DVs, turbo sizes/specs. Coming up empty handed at this point. I don't feel like Searching and Reading for endless hours just to reinvent the wheel (if you know what I mean).

Some folks recommend Marine 370s. I want to see what other injectors compare to these first.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:54 PM

I noticed a good difference all together, alot more power down low. It was kinda weird at first, seems like it makes more power before the turbo spools. A good bit more fuel, I think it was worth the money. And about the 370's, you have probably heard but they are the wrong spray pattern. I got mine pretty cheap and I'm happy with em, I almost went to 370's until I got to studying up on them.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Question

I almost went to 370's until I got to studying up on them.
And what turned you off from them ?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Everyone telling me they were the wrong spray pattern. Supposedly they create sloppy power: heat, smoke, rough idle. But they will add more fuel for sure, at the time I thought I was gonna leave my 90 HP's in for good so I didn't want to make a mistake when buying. But you know how that goes, But I may leave them depends on what my DV and Injector research brings up.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:09 PM

Thumbs up

Everyone telling me they were the wrong spray pattern. Supposedly they create sloppy power: heat, smoke, rough idle. .
Check this out....

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=221234

Quick Reply: My next performance step? lil over 400 now