Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

My lifted Cummins project

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My lifted Cummins project

I know its been awhile since I have updated you all on my build of my truck. Since my motorcycle accident in May I havent been able to move to much to just recently. As you can see I have jumped with both feet this time, new hood, sport bumper conversion front and rear, bushwacker pocket flares, custom ladder bars, air bags on the rear, it should be done in about a month so I will keep you all up to date
Attached Thumbnails My lifted Cummins project-0415081612%5B1%5D.jpg   My lifted Cummins project-dsc00383.jpg   My lifted Cummins project-dsc00372.jpg  
Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 PM

Looking good. Throw some 37"s on there.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:24 PM

Attached Thumbnails My lifted Cummins project-dsc00453.jpg   My lifted Cummins project-dsc00561.jpg  
Old 01-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Old 01-08-2009, 02:54 PM

the link above doesn't work. Look great!!! Where did you get that hood from?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:29 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
What is the size of the lift?

Install 3" body lift with it and put the tallest tires that you can find on it.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM

It is a full 6 inches of lift now. Dont know if I really wanna body lift it. Its my daily driver I built a 83 Toyota with a 350 SBC, 14inches of lift and 42's about 10 years ago and it is just to much for the street. The hood came from carhoods.com I think. Plus with my leg it would be even hardr to get in and out of it.

Trending Topics

Old 01-08-2009, 07:06 PM

Love the look of that hood, and the sport bumper cant wait to get it all together
Attached Thumbnails My lifted Cummins project-dsc00464.jpg   My lifted Cummins project-dsc00374.jpg   My lifted Cummins project-dsc00458.jpg  
Old 01-08-2009, 08:00 PM

My leg
Attached Thumbnails My lifted Cummins project-leg2.jpg   My lifted Cummins project-leg1.jpg  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:26 PM

sweet lookin truck, not so sweet lookin leg.... sorry to hijack but i just gotta know what happened to your leg, ive seen/experienced motorsickle crashes before but never seen something that like happen... good luck with both the truck and your leg!!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 PM

My dad had 5 pins poking out of his shin and 6 screws and 2 plates in his ankle after a horse wreck but no skin grafts. I had a bike wreck a few years back and got some pretty bad road rash and a torn ligament in my shoulder but You beat us both combined. How long were you out of service? Hope all goes well, good looking truck.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 PM

I was on a 06 SEFB. It was my divorce present to myself, had an 01 Fatboy but the ex hated it so I sold it. I had close to 15k on the clock at the time of the accident. I love this bike felt it was made for me. Anyways I had just got done riding back from my girlfriends house who lives in New Jersey 120 miles away to be exact. It was an unusual day for May almost 85 degrees so I wanted to go for a quick ride before I went to work. I driving along coming up to a big intersection when as soon as I cross the white line you are to stop at a 88 yr old man in a full size Chevy pulls right in my lane and stops. I was going about 50 mph. This is a 6 lane intersection, I was in the hammer lane had cars to the right of me couldnt go that way and had traffic coming towards me. He was coming towards me turning left. Needless to say I didnt have much time or many options. I tried to go around him. Didnt work. I hit the corner of his bumper with my leg right below my knee. 6 more inches and I would of cleared him. I flew off the bike 90 ft through the air, my bike went 150 ft without me. I actually thought I was ok once I stopped rolling around till I looked at my right leg. My tibia was sticking out through my jeans and blood was pouring out. When my tibia came out it tore the main artery that runs down the leg. I was screamin at this point thought for sure I was going to bleed to death on the road. Within seconds the double yellow line was covered with my blood. It was like a hose. I heard a lady yelling at the 911 operator saying to get there as fast as possible or they were going to have a dead man on the road. She proceeded to come over and put her hands NO gloves on and hold my leg to try to control the bleeding. I told her I didnt wanna die laying on the road and didnt wanna loose my girlfriend. My bike stopped right in front of a tractor trailer. I heard the air brakes go off, and the driver say HOLY F@#$IN ****. He got out of his truck and got some rope from a tool box and the lady and him tied my leg off. At this point the Emt's had showed up, the lady and the truck driver refused to let go, was so nice to see complete strangers want to see me live. And yes I was awake for all of this, I was taken to a helicopter where I flown to Lancaster General, I was awake till we got to the hospital. I remembe nothing after for 4 days. The old man said he never saw me. From what I have heard they took his license from him that day. They also had to bring a fire truck in wash the road from all my blood. The end result, shattered tibia, 8 pieces to be exact. And no I wasnt wearing a helmet, my baseball hat never came off my head nor did my sunglasses, my cell phone was fine. The only other injury I had was a quarter size road rash on my one elbow. This is to all elderly people I know you need to get around but if you cant see dont change our lives like this. This happened May 28th and I am still laying in bed. I think I have had a total of 10 surgeries, still have one or two more to go. The bike wasnt that bad destroyed my light bar and the heat shields, and the front fender...
Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 PM

How much for the hood? are you going to run a painted or chrome grille?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 AM

painted grille, the hood was around 700.00 plus 100 for shipping
Old 01-09-2009, 12:21 AM

that sucks. I topped a hill on a divided 2 lane in the hammer lane with a car on my right and all the traffic had stopped for a wreck and had backed up almost to the top of the hill. I didn't have time to stop so I just went for the median but there was a lot of loose gravel from them retoping the road on the shoulder so when I hit it I went down. the bike flipped 2 times and slit about 100ft and went in the ditch but some how I went back over and under the back of a crown vic. there was blood and paint from my helmet on the bumper and rear diff. I don't remember getting out form under the car just standing there taking my helmet off and looking at the bike then my legs gave out and I just sat there till they haled me off. I had on a full face helmet and it had huge gashes in it and the face shield was riped off. If I ha d not had it on I would be dead or getting coloring books for my birthday for the rest of my life. I was only down for a week mine was just a scratch compared to yours. I feel for you man and hope every thing works out and you are back up and going soon.

Quick Reply: My lifted Cummins project