Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

My headlights are terrible! Alternatives??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can you get the sport light kit? Any links?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Palmetto_kid
Where can you get the sport light kit? Any links?
you can find the lights on e-bay, just search for dodge sport lights.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:27 PM

do they seal good? because thats the trouble im having with the factory ones..they get moisture in there and fog up
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 AM

where do i get a relay kit?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tate
I did an HID conversion. Huge improvement. Liked mine so much, bought another set for my mom's truck. Now we can both see where we're going.
X2 on the HIDs. I went the inexpensive eBay route. Been in for a few months now and love them. My wife now wants them in her van so she can "see like in the truck"
Old 09-10-2007, 01:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought a set of headlights from Optionracing on Ebay and love them. They seal good and look sharp, plus I can now see where I'm going. I think they cost @ $140 shipped.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
I don't like sports because of the color matching every thing I am slowing getting rid of that but I do love there head lights its a night and day difference from my 96 non sport the dual bulbs is so much brighter and not as dull
I completely agree about the same color scheme . I'm also slowly changing that as well. As far as the head lights, never had any kind of problem not being able to see at night. So I'd have to go with the sport headlights conversion suggestion.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:48 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9004-...QQcmdZViewItem

Is this the HID kit you guys are talking about? Its hard to tell what comes in this kit from reading on the page. Is it just bulbs, ballasts, and wires?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:08 PM

I've heard good things about the Diamond Clear headlight assemblies from those who use them on their Rams. I haven't used them myself, but, it's what I'm planning to buy to replace mine eventually. I'm actually a little surprised no one has mentioned them yet in this thread. I hope someone who replaced their assemblies with these gives their 2-cents on them.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:06 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Tate
I did an HID conversion. Huge improvement. Liked mine so much, bought another set for my mom's truck. Now we can both see where we're going.
Those of you who have done the HID conversion, are you using the stock lamps and just installing HID bulbs, or are you converting to projector-style lamps?
Old 09-13-2007, 01:12 AM

Stock lamp right now. I might go to one of those clear one piece units, but thats still not a projector one. The stock lenses throw the light in some odd places, but it still works 100x better than stock. Lights up the ditches well so you can see wild life. Hitting a moose would ruin my day (and my truck)!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by torquefan
Those of you who have done the HID conversion, are you using the stock lamps and just installing HID bulbs, or are you converting to projector-style lamps?
Used the stock head lamps and HID bulbs. Also to answer a previous poster these are what I purchased:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bi-XE...spagenameZWDVW

I wanted BRIGHT so I went for the 4300k (brightest). They look just like OEM on a luxury car (and not purple like the rice crowd is installing).

I posted quite a while ago about the experience. I did end up with a bad bulb that I had to pay like $20 for a new one (shipping to and from China isn't cheap), but over all now I am very happy.

Best $150 bucks I ever spent on my truck.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:13 PM

You will want the bi-xenon HIDs. That gives you a high and low beam.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hercules
I've heard good things about the Diamond Clear headlight assemblies from those who use them on their Rams. I haven't used them myself, but, it's what I'm planning to buy to replace mine eventually. I'm actually a little surprised no one has mentioned them yet in this thread. I hope someone who replaced their assemblies with these gives their 2-cents on them.
I think mine are what you're talking about. They're 1 piece clear lenses with amber lights on the side and they work great. I also have the hi/low beam mod so both are on when the brights are working. I should have done this a long time ago cause I drive 40miles every morning in the dark. Like I said, Optionracing on Ebay has an excellent product.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:36 AM

When I first bought this truck, I could see better then my 02 1500 that had the regular silverstars. I've since put silverstar ultras in but I plan to buy some headlights with clear lenses off e-bay and throw in some of those 8000k bulbs I think. Not sure, I'll have to look into it.

Quick Reply: My headlights are terrible! Alternatives??