Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

is my comp dying???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question is my comp dying???

hi guys,ive had my comp on for almost a year,i run mostly 3/3.i was working out of town without the truck for 8 weeks and just got home to start my baby up,pretty cold so i plugged her in for a few hours,she started a little slow.the pyro went up to 900 instantly for 20 seconds then went down to the 300 it normally idles at,is that because the bateries were low?things were going good on the drive into town then i wanted to put it on 5/5 for some fun,seemed real slugish and no smoke,turned the comp off and it had more power with out it on,turned it back to 3/3 and there was a diference,some smoke and felt like its suposed to.then turned it to 5/1 and there seemed to be a diference,then tried 5/5 again and it was working good,do i have a bad conection?or is that a symptom of a dying comp?i heard of many dying,do they just stop working or stop working on certain levels?i thought i had a good one as its been a year working well.thanx for any help
Old 02-26-2006, 05:35 PM

I think they are kinda moody, mine works great but sometimes it won't turn on or off so I have to turn the truck off and restart and it works fine. Who knows why. If you do keep having trouble contact Edge, they will help you out.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:49 PM

On occasion, my pyro will "pulse" up to some wierd temp and then drop back down just as fast to a normal temp.

It only happens on real cold mornings and I think it has something to do with the grid heater coming on right after the truck starts up. It did it once to me when I tried to open the window (power) immediately after the truck started.

Might have something to do with a low voltage situation right after the truck starts and maybe the pyro driver is compensating. Beats me anyways. I'm not sure about the Comp being involved in this. I run an EZ and it will do it when it's either on or off.

It's done it off and on since day one (4 years) and I run both pre and post pyro's and they both do it. I don't worry about it anymore.

Jeff
Old 02-26-2006, 08:24 PM

Mine was flakey like that. It would only work on 1-4-5 and 2-3 were intermitant. Send it back if it gets too bad.