Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

More power

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More power

Hey guys,
Well I put in the Edge Ez, RV 275's and hooked up the TC lockup switch and I'm happy with the results. I even had some fun at a couple Powerstokes expense today. The truck runs alot better then it did when I bought it. Now I ran into a guy with an 03 Powerstroke tonight and we were playing around. We lined up at a light and we both took off even but man did he pull away. We went at it a couple of times but my truck was no match for his. We pulled over and were talking about the trucks. He said his truck was stock except for the Super Chip - Chip that he put in. He said he had an Edge Ez but hated the way that his truck ran with it so he took it off and went with the Super Chip unit. Now I know you can't beat everybody but what is my next step. The truck is going into the tranny shop for a rebuild and a new TC so that should be covered. What's next. Is there another box that I can stack with the EZ or do I go with a new comp box. What about the Super Chip stuff. Man his truck put out some nice black smoke, 3X more then mine did. So what do you guys think.
I NEED MORE POWER!
Topper
Old 08-13-2005, 10:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
SuperChip ona CTD does the same as an EZ.

Comp will give you more power.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:52 AM

there is a major difference between the edge comp and the edge ez.....aswell as there is a difference in the super chip and the super chip "2 or pro".............there is a local dually that has twins/edge comp/aftermarket cam/straight pipes........and he smokes my buddys modified 04 SVT Cobra with easeeeeeee............He came by my job and showed me a dyno sheet that blew my mind 831 HP, 2,281 TQ................im getting the twins on this week coming up and plan to have the cam swapped when i go about oringing the head or just studding it...havent made up my mind yet..............
Old 08-14-2005, 08:48 AM

Thanks guys,
Storx I would love to have that kind of power but that is not an option for this truck.How much more power would I realisticly get from a Comp box? I've read about stacking boxes. Is there a box that I can stack with my EZ or should I just scrap the EZ and buy a Comp?
Thanks guys
Topper
Old 08-14-2005, 02:36 PM

The comp will give you about twice as much as that EZ!
Old 08-14-2005, 05:34 PM

The comp adds 120 hp and 350 ft lbs torque, a NICE increase!!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:54 PM

You could add a TST box to your EZ. Then you would be looking at a new turbo probably. Just a thought.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:39 AM

Hey guys,
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll go for the new Comp box. I plan on upgrading the turbo as well. So do you guys think the Comp is the better way to go or should I look at the TST? I've done a lot of reading and the TST seems popular with the 3rd gen guys. Does it work well on the 2nd gens?
Topper
Old 08-16-2005, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you buy the Comp make sure you get the Drag/Hot version as this one is more geared for the playing arround on the street you do. The standard version defuels from 2700 to shift point and thats great if your towing a heavy load but for racing the Drag/Hot fuels right up to shift point. With a drag comp your match with that ford will have a slightly different outcome