Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

More air

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More air

I am getting more than enough fuel. Other than an intake and a turbo what else could you do? How much dose an intercooler do? Thanks
Old 03-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Banned

I think an intercooler is about it as far as getting more air if you already have a new turbo and cold air intake. Looks like you already got exhaust so you should be good on that. Intercoolers do help........they flow more than the stocker and help cool things a bit.

One other thing that would help would be a new exhaust manifold from ATS or others. That will help flow a little more.

They also make aftermarket intake horns, but I've heard those really don't do much as far as performance.

A turbo is about your only major "AIR" component. The bigger you go the more air you get but then have to deal with major lag.

~Nick
Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned

What kind of boost and EGT's are you seeing? An aftermarket intercooler would help, but isn't neccesary. Now twins, those are neccesary. I'd say ditch the BHAF and go with a different intake such as a scotty 2.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agree on the Scotty II

You don't mention size of the compressor/turbine on your HTB2. That could be upgraded if a 12 cm2 turbine housing.... but with the automatic, strongly suggest not going over a 14 cm2!

After market intercoolers are stronger and will handle higher boost... but as far as drastically cooling air (thus making it denser)... not a big difference for a fairly big price!

Twin Turbos would make all right with the world
Drag Comp and Mach 4's will get hot with ANY single turbo.... at least any single that will spool at all well on an automatic. JMO

RJ
Old 03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Banned

You mean an HT3B as a single won't spool well on an auto?