Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

modding stock injectors possible ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
modding stock injectors possible ?

The big question of the day is: Can stock injectors be altered for increased flow?

Naturally many of you would say, why bother, just get upgrade sticks and you're all set to go.

The very background of this question comes from a realisation that not all engine types out there have upgrade sticks available.
The need remains the same even if mild upgrades are available, but we're reaching for the skies. Then we would welcome any means to squeeze more flow out of sticks we have.

I know of modding pintle type pre-chamber indirect engine injectors by increasing pintle lift for more flow. If I'm not mistaken, this practice has been tried out with multi hole direct injection diesel sticks as well. Am I correct?

How much increased lift are we looking at, when modding the injector?
How much more extra flow can be expected?

I really would welcome more knowledgeable forum users to chime in and enlighten me over this issue at hand.

Thank's.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good question. Why don't you fill in your signature so we'll know a little more about your truck.

Yes, stock injectors can be modified. You do it with new "tips". You can go from 40 hp to over 100 hp. As reported here, it can be a little more tedious than replacing the whole injector, but a lot of folks do it with no problem. Do a search on "injectors" and you can find a lot of info on what you might want to do.