Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

modding 95, Grind afc arm, plug on the pump, and dv's

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question modding 95, Grind afc arm, plug on the pump, and dv's

HI i had a few Q's for you guys, hope u can help me a Lil. Ive started modding my 95 ctd. I have a nasty home ground #100 fp.. I was reading that to get the best outta it i need to grind my afc arm, I cant find a pic or clear write up on this. I just what to know where to grind the arm, Next Ive been reading i also need to install or modify the fuel plug on the front of the pump.
How do you modify this? drilling it out?? grinding it ? also I'm going to start my 3k gsk washer mod. I have read and read all i can finding through the searches. Is there some good step by step pics somewhere? I need my hand held on that one.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned

What have you done to your auto tranny as far as beefing it up?

Well to keep this short search for member "12valve" and in his signature there is a link to AFC mods, you can do like I did and take it even further to where the top rod in the AFC housing because the final limiter by hitting the front of the housing after fully extending.

On the AFC "foot" (the piece that actually has the govenor arm ride against it) grind its face to a very light #100 profile, this will keep it from defueling in valet mode.

On the pump plug since you have a 160hp pump I would just swap the stock front plug with a "Mack Plug" that will give you I believe 21mm of rack travel. An they are only about $7. If you don't go that route you can shim out the stock plug with a washer that is 3mm thick or back it out slightly and wrap a piece of solid copper wire around it and put RTV on the butting ends...

Hope this helps you bro and if you can't find 12valves's photos let me know and I'll post on what I was aiming for. I did all this stuff to my truck and it helped quite a bit over just a standard #100 plate!
Old 08-26-2007, 12:49 PM

Thank you very much for that, I am gonna search now.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:57 PM

I found him, I dont really understand what he did. Theres nice pics but i dont know what the idea is. grind off some of the end of the afc? or did he just cut a notch in it?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

Grind off some of the end, what you are trying to do is allow the AFC "foot" to move as far forward as possible so cutting the end off of that one part and grinding on a few others will allow it to travel much farther. Doing that in conjunction with a deeper cut in your #100 plate (also wallor out the slots on top to let it slide farther back), and a deeper rack plug with give you MUCH more fuel. Just by shimming my front plug out 2.25mm I picked up 8-10 PSI of boost (the plate was ground deeper and AFC was already modified so the plug was that last restriction).
Old 08-26-2007, 09:13 PM

muddin, THANK YOU! that was exictly what i neededd to know!

I slid my afc forwards, OUPS.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

Sliding your AFC forward is ok, it will make the full boost fueling a little more (but more low-end smoke) but the advantage with modding your AFC like I said above is you can leave the housing towards the rear which will help control low and no-boost smoke, but will still give you the full potential fueling on full boost.

I'm really tired so I might have worded it wrong-ish lol.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 PM

oh i see what your saying. thank man